Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New Skin VMS4PRO - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
uwinmedia01 wrote :
any chance of getting the the crossfader to be selected as AUDIO when on the VIDEO TAB? It currently ONLY controls the VIDEO FADER with the crossfader. Maybe you could integrate a button for this, or make it like the default skin where when you click the words "AUDIO CROSSFADER" underneath the fader it switches between AUDIO and VIDEO. Just a suggestion to make this skin a tad better (IMO) Thanks!

It will be added to the next update.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 11 @ 6:14 pm
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
been useing this amazing skin since i got the vms4 about a year ago and must say its fantastic.
one of the best things is being able to adjust the CBM markers on the fly and the i button to alter the
information tags on a track iv droped onto the turntable from a windows folder..

there is a few bits of the skin im still not sure about and was wondering if the was a full guide to what all the
exta buttons do that i cant work out yet so i can get all the benifits from it.
also is it possible to have the wave form show on screen for decks 1 and 3 or decks 2 and 4 at the same time
all i can get is 1 deck from each side of the mixer to display at the same time.

thanks for any help :)

Posted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 2:12 pm
getafix wrote :
been useing this amazing skin since i got the vms4 about a year ago and must say its fantastic.
one of the best things is being able to adjust the CBM markers on the fly and the i button to alter the
information tags on a track iv droped onto the turntable from a windows folder..

there is a few bits of the skin im still not sure about and was wondering if the was a full guide to what all the
exta buttons do that i cant work out yet so i can get all the benifits from it.
also is it possible to have the wave form show on screen for decks 1 and 3 or decks 2 and 4 at the same time
all i can get is 1 deck from each side of the mixer to display at the same time.

thanks for any help :)

also iv managed to get my timecode working with the vms4 mixer.
i have seen a few others had the same problem with setup, and thanks to live chat support its fully working.
it seems my problem was the input was turned of in the vms4 asio.
i have a topic in the harware support section covering my problems and the soulution if anyone need
more info about this.

Posted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 6:21 pm
I´m sure, someone will ask in future:

This Skin is working perfect with brand new VMS4.1

@djdad: A few month ago i´d asked you about the posibility to take "skinhiddenpanel" in your skin. You told me: In next Update... Is there a new one planned now or in in the next days/weeks/month?^^

Posted Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 9:43 am
Hello DJDad,

i am using your Skin in 2 Deck Mode with my VMS2 Controller and have an issue with the preview player. When VDJ is started the behaviour is normal. Decks selected with the CUE Button near the faders is used by the preview player. But there seems to be a situation that is doesn't work any more and the preview player is not playing any song neither on deck 1 nor deck 2. Only when i select the output 1 or 2 manually.

What i can see is that when the right mouse button on the preview player is pressed it shows me 6 outputs. But there should be only 2!

This is the menu i am talking about (this is not my screenshot!):
http://www.virtualdj.com/image/34992/54578/prelisten.png

In other skins (Mix Lab for example) shows me only 2 outputs.

Maybe you know a solution for my issue? Sound config should be okay.

Thanks so far.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 8:46 am
Hi,

Even though your question has nothing to do with the skin, i will try to answer, but you should post in the PC Software Forums.

You cant use the preview player when using an external mixer, unless you have a spare stereo channel to your sound card to route the preview to a 3rd mixer channel. Even though VMS2 is called midi controller, the center part is a real analogue mixer.

Tip. If you use only 2 decks with a 2 deck controller and a 2 ch mixer, then for several reasons i would suggest you to use a 2 deck skin.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 9:50 am
Hi,

i think the main question is why your skin shows me 6 Outputs and others not... if it would show me only 2 outputs than the behaviour of the preview player should be stable and as expected.

To be clear: the preview player works fine for maybe 40 minutes or more but something is going wrong and the automatic selection doesn't work anymore until restart of VDJ. (Maybe switching from deck 1 to deck 2 while deck 2 is still running ... i don't know...)

Maybe that is a Software problem also. But from where your skin is getting these 6 outputs?

Btw: I thought that switching your skin to 2 Deck mode is equivalent to a 2 deck skin!? Doesn't seems so after your answer. Other thing is that i like your skin and i would like to use it :-)

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 10:18 am
The skin is a 4 deck skin, but if you open the xml file you will notice nbdecks=6.
The 2 extra decks are used for some extra actions that work with my mapper (you may find that in the Download Page)

The outputs for the prelisten depend on the skin you use and the nbdecks number . If you use the 2 deck skin provided with the LE version then it will show only 2 outputs, as its a 2 deck skin.

Its one of the reasons why i proposed you to use a 2 deck skin.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 12:34 pm
thats really nice just because of you people we getting in more and more in music thanks buddy......]

Posted Thu 26 Jan 12 @ 2:49 am
is there any way to get decks 1 and 3 to show the wave pattern at the same time as its hard to keep an eye on the beats drifting when im doing a 3 deck mix??

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 11:56 am
1.Can't there be a simple master tempo button on the American Audio vms4 skin?
2.Can't there be other colors for the American Audio vms4 skin for people with different eye sights?Instead of the normal dark background?

Posted Sun 08 Apr 12 @ 6:49 pm
how do i download it

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 10:41 am

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 11:17 am
nickrisHome userMember since 2012
how download skin american audio?

Posted Mon 24 Sep 12 @ 12:15 pm

Posted Mon 24 Sep 12 @ 12:47 pm
Good night gentlemen,
I have some issue using my VMS4,
When I play a music on the one to Three channels (left), volume is on the assigned channel, but gain, low, middle and high are on the left.
It's a little bit difficult for me to handle it, after 4 or 5 hours working.
Also I want to assign left decks as channels 1 and 2 and right decks as 3 and 4...
Will be much easier for me.
Is there a way to do it?
Thanks for all, the skin is really good...
Regards.

Posted Tue 25 Sep 12 @ 5:48 pm
looks good!

Posted Sun 21 Oct 12 @ 1:03 pm
WWDJdkPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Is it possible to change the way the vol. led work when you have cue activated ??

So the left side shows the cue vol. level & right side shows the main vol. level, then when no cue is active it both shows main cue vol. ?

Posted Sat 22 Dec 12 @ 6:20 pm
WWDJdkPRO InfinityMember since 2008
DJDAD...

Don't know if you missed my message...

but is the above possible ???

Posted Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 4:57 pm
Even if i dont quite understand your request, have in mind that the VMS4 has a "fake" user. This means that the fake_level can not affect the VU meter and also the Gain of the VMS4 is hardware, so it wont affect anything either .
In other words, the VU meters of the skin dont offer much info, but cant be otherway.

Posted Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 7:08 pm
92%