Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 33

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Well, considering how many people are unhappy with their VMS4s, and how AA have known about the issues for some time now, it wouldn't make very much sense for them to ship out yet more unmodified "mark one" VMS4s with Traktor - would it?

Posted Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 6:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So do you think that THIS VMS4 (Traktor bundled) will be different than the first one?
New hardware?, i doubt. New firmware? if yes, why havent they released this new version?.
I guess we will hear more this weekend.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 7:11 pm
if VMS4 with TRAKTOR... why not NIS4 with VIRTUALDJ ????

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 4:12 am
djdad wrote :
New hardware?, i doubt.

It's been well documented on the ADJ forum that something is being done about all the issues with the original VMS4.

They've said it involves hardware changes (to the circuit boards) and they've laid out what the improvements will bring.

So with that in mind, they'd be pretty daft to ship these new ones without any changes!

As far as I know, there's no availability date for the Traktor version yet - so they have time to get the hardware sorted.

How long was there between the annoucement of the original and the ship date?

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 4:31 am
I thought that the Traktor LE Version was almost ready, since AA decided to join VirtualDj nearly last minute.

Anyway you have a point about hardware upgrade, so i quess my eyes and ears will be at NAMM and youtube this wekend.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 4:38 pm

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 4:40 pm
solo speculazioni... bah !!!

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 5:45 pm
I need to post this.
Heiko was right about the setup for recording. There is no need to route any cables in order to record with the VMS4. All you have to do is add the RecordLoopback in you sound setup. This way the mic is also recorded.
Turn also all you ch to USB from and the VMS4 to 8out mode in order to control 4 decks with VDJ.

This is the sound setup.

My apologies for the confusion.

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 7:38 pm

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 7:17 am
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
djdad wrote :
I need to post this.
Heiko was right about the setup for recording. There is no need to route any cables in order to record with the VMS4. All you have to do is add the RecordLoopback in you sound setup. This way the mic is also recorded.
Turn also all you ch to USB from and the VMS4 to 8out mode in order to control 4 decks with VDJ.

This is the sound setup.

My apologies for the confusion.

will this setup also enable me to broadcast with the virual dj setup ?????
all i need now is the ability to play on internet radio with the mic and 4 decks, i have tried routing back into the pc line in and useing winamp or simplecast to connect but they both have a start/stop function to connect unlike the vdj connection where you can keep pressing start untill you are connectied on winamp and simplecast you have to start then if you miss the connection you have to stop then try starting again. unfortianatly this causes problems with timeing of conections...

if this is not possible can anyone recomend a shoutcast broadcasting software that is easyer to connect to the station i use

thanks
fix

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 12:28 am
Yes, this setup will allow your to broadcast directly through VDJ's own shoutcast interface.

The Record Loopback brings the Mic and any analogue inputs back to pc via the usb cable.

Test it yourself, by using the shoutcast server option within VDJ, where you broadcast from your own IP. Then use another PC or get someone else to listen on the info VDJ gives you to prove it.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 1:26 am
thanks for your reply roy....
iv tried this setup and for some strange reason when i put in that last line to the settings i already had the decks dont play and when i try to change back virtual dj freezes up ????

im useing the mapper and skin by dj dad and my settings are for 4 decks, 8out and the firmware is 3.11
im also useing the internal sound indicated by a 0 at the start of the device number

do you think this may be a problem with the vms4 or maybee my vdj setup???

would realy like to sort this out as the virtual dj internal broadcast works first time all the time :)
thanks again
fix

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 3:06 am
was thinking do i need to add anything to the asio setup aswell to get it to work??
my setup is same as the audio interface mode 8 out mode in the manual

trying to get it sortied before my radio set on friday
thanks for any help

fix

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 10:45 am
is no one able to help me with this problem please??

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 1:21 pm
With the above setup, are you able to record properly? Remember there is no need to route master or booth to some linein. The routing is internal.
If record works, then broadcast should work too.

Posted Sat 05 Feb 11 @ 6:30 am
cant get either to work as the whole setup freezes when i put the record loopback line into the advanced setup
both onscreen and mixer fuctions fail to work and i have to reset vdj then remove the record loopback line to get it working again

Posted Mon 07 Feb 11 @ 10:21 pm
What have you mapped record Loopback to?

Cheered,

Roy

Posted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 1:12 am
shyhaLE userMember since 2007
Hi, I'm a new user of VMS4. It's a pretty impressive gear. I've registered a serial number and downloaded djdad's skin for VMS4 which is GREAT!
Unfortunately I'm not able to download djdad's VMS4 mapper. Is that because it's LE version? :( OMG. You probably wouldn't share and I need to buy a PRO version for one XML file with 4 decks working? :/

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 5:53 pm
Sorry, mappers are only available to registered licensed Pro users. You can upgrade at a discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

The software that you received with your VMS4 is a free limited edition and does not allow custom skins, effects, mappers, etc. to be used or the program configuration options to be changed (Except during the 20 day trial of Pro.)

To be able to use custom skins, effects, mappers and much, much more you will need to upgrade to VirtualDJ Professional.

Your VirtualDJ LE entitles you to a discount off the cost of upgrading. To receive this, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 6:52 pm
djdad wrote :

this is the way the recorded loopback was mapped, as i say iv got the mapper running 8 out and with the 4 deck skin, but as soon as i add the recorded loopback line into it the whole thing freezes up

thanks
fix

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 11:13 pm
95%