Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: M3U playlist problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hilaireHome userMember since 2005
Hello all,
I am new user on VDJ, and have read lot of threads on importing playlists into VDJ.
I have tried to import mine and seem to be doing something wrong. The lists are in the file structure. When I select it, I have all the tracks in the middle window, but it is not possible to load the tracks to play... As if VDJ could read the info but not find the track or something.
I have tried using playlists from multiple sources winamp, wmp(saved as m3u), tag editor... all the same.
Help me please :-( this is driving me mad and I dont want to re-sort my file structure...
Thanks

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 1:03 pm
I have the same problem. As a quick solution, run a database search on your harddisk for mp3s, then you will have all your songs under one list. you can now search for the song you want. This is the best quick solution until we come up with better solution.
DJ Aditya

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 2:15 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
too complicated guys ;-)

double click on the playlist file in the middle browser and it directly expand into the playlist browser :-)

if you open the playlist file in the directories browser, playlist is shown in the middle browser

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 3:46 pm
hilaireHome userMember since 2005
did some digging and problem comes from the actual playlist itself. External playlist are more or less a simple text file with songs listed in sequence. Problem is that the actual file name of the songs is there but the full path is missing.(..\music files\ music file.mp3)
This explains why VDJ can read the file names (middle window), but not load the tracks on the player as it does not know where to find the actual file.
Each program seems to do this differently, and although they generate m3u files, the structure does seam to be a bit different. WMP being the most complex.....figures.
Only way around I have found is to actually go into the file and do a search and replace to edit the path to show full path down to root (c:\my docs\music\music files\music file.mp3).

There must be ways to have the m3u generator put the full path in but have not found it yet.
Cheers,

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 2:49 pm
exactly..i noticed that too..anyways...until someone comes up with a solution..mix on!

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 4:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)