Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ'ing with a midi controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all,
I recently got an AKAI mpd24 to use as a drum machine and/or sound effects drop machine. I am running VDJPro 6 on a MACBook Pro as well as the Hercules RMX. But I cannot figure out how to interface the new midi controller. I added it just for more buttons and instant options. The user manual for the akai sucks and I cannot seem to figure out how to get it to play through my sytem or drop in on it. Any help please?

Posted Mon 21 Jun 10 @ 5:51 pm
av1613PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi, other than ensuring the AKAI mpd24 drivers are installed and it is powered up (if not on usb bus), VDJ should midi map as you chose with each movement of the units controls. (says me who has still yet to get his numark v7 working with vdj)

Perhaps you could explain what your doing in steps? hopefully somebody here can see what needs to be done. good luck :-)

Posted Mon 21 Jun 10 @ 9:24 pm
1. Go to Config --> Mappers
2. Choose "Simple MIDI mapper" from the controller menu
3. Press the green + button
4. Press a button/knob/slider in your Akai and see the corresponding MIDI-note appear into the command list
5. Assign a command for the MIDI-note by choosing script command from the list, or just write it e.g. "deck left play"

Posted Tue 22 Jun 10 @ 2:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)