Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Totally Impressed! (but a couple of questions)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After testing just about every dj software out (pcdj, bpm studio, dj power, mixmeister,) I gotta say I have fell in love with virtual dj. The learning curve is quick and painless, and keeping the software up to date is a breeze. And a free video update!! WOW!

I used the software for the first time this past weekend at a wedding running music and a prom last night running exclusively video - no problems at all. incredible!

The software seems to run fine on my laptop, but the video doesn't play that well for obvious reasons (crappy video card). So I went out and bought a 265MB video card for my desktop and used that (works perfect)......but a huge pain to lug around my desktop pc. I've looked into laptops and the specs I'm looking for aren't really available (yet).

For those working with video, how are you doing it? rackmount pc's? does anyone have pics of your virtual dj setups that you would like to share? Does anyone have a laptop that runs video well...and are you using it with an external hard drive to store all the files?

Also, djing with the mouse and keyboard is a bit awkard. I'm interested in either the xp10's or using the timecode cd's with my existing cd players. I've tested the timecode cd's and experienced some small issues......I'm really looking for something very plug and play, and reliable. Any advice on this?

Thanks so much Virtual DJ....you guys rock!

Sara G.
Platinum Mix Productions

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 3:23 am
For a picture of a working set up, check out cyderhouse's profile. I've only done one live night with vdj but i used a dac 2 controller which worked really well. my issue with time coded cd's is that you've still got to have a cd player to use them, although i've not tried it so i shouldn't really comment.

Welcome along and good luck with VDJ

John :-)

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 3:32 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Dac2 is the way to go I love mine and vdj plays very well with it.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 6:21 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
got a dmc-1 almost exactly the same as dac2 but i think it looks better, got some pics in my blog to, got the pc mounted in with the box

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 2:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)