Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Wii Remotes...........

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK I have found the mapper for this thing, http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/9871/Nintendo_Wii_Def___Mapper.html, but I cant get it to work. My laptop finds the remote just fine but are there any other steps that I need to take?? Like is there some other software that has to be downloaded? I would like to hear from others who have done this, is it worth the trouble of installing, are there any videos(well I found videos but none for VDJ), whats the range, etc, etc..

Thanks for looking and your time
Huey

Posted Wed 16 Jun 10 @ 7:21 am
Ok I got it to work and I am most impressed by the range on this thing!! This is gonna come in handy at the next show!! For a few acts I load thier tracks up in the automix section and let it run. Well sometimes they want me to pause the track or skip aheadto the next track whichs means I have to stay behind the decks.............Well now I can pause it and switch tracks from any where in the room!! Still running a few tests but so far so good. This is awesome!! Yeah some might say its stupid but hell it works!!

THANKS to Cioce for this 1, good work!!
Huey

Posted Wed 16 Jun 10 @ 7:25 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks man, I was never be able to use the other movement sensor inside the remote but many info can be find here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote , maybe you will be lucky then me.

Posted Thu 17 Jun 10 @ 3:10 am
The only problem I'm having is, After I shut it off it wont connect automaticly again. Meaning I have to go through the whole process of "Adding a Bluetooth Device" which inst that big of a deal I guess. Were you able to reconnect by just pushing the buttons on the remote?

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Thu 17 Jun 10 @ 7:14 am
try use osculator for interface Mac <-> osculator <-> Wii Remotes...

This setup only run on Mac...

Posted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 3:06 pm
do you think it would be possible to by extension use the DJ hero controllers with this? :P

Posted Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 12:50 am
No, its a toy not a MIDI device.............

Posted Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 12:52 am
FFS, is there anyone out there who can actually embrace innovation in low budget situations?

Posted Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 4:58 pm
plus, how the f*** is a wii remote any less of a toy?

Posted Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 4:59 pm
It's a toy game controller and not designed or intended for proper DJ use.

You would be better off using a proper MIDI controller designed for DJ use. There are some cheap but good options such as Numark MixTrack/MixTrack Pro or the very popular Hercules DJ Console series (The new 4-Mx and 4Set have touch-sensitive jogwheels for scratching.)

Technically, if it is a HID device, you might be able to map it by creating a controller HID definition and mapper - See http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinitionHID.html and http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html - However, this requires some technical knowledge and also the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

NOTE: Wii remote is also a toy, but some user went to the trouble of mapping it (It's a HID device like a mouse or keyboard.) Wii Remote is not officially natively supported by VirtualDJ. The user who made it created it to allow wireless control of VDJ while interacting with the crowd (This is now also possible via iRemote if you have an iPhone, iPad, etc.)

Posted Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 5:02 pm
I have no interest at all in buying anything like that. I'm saving for CDJ-850s and a ddm-4000 as is, and I'm not about to divert cash to some 2 deck numark controller i don't need. This would be used as a temporary solution to allow me deck control at gigs where a system is not provided, and It isn't feasible to bring my own. When I have cash to buy an Xone 2D, I will. But until then, I own one of these controllers, if i can find a way to use it, i will, and I'm not going to listen to any more flack i get for that.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 6:07 pm
MixTrack Pro will save you 50% off purchasing the full VirtualDJ Professional, so you might actually save money by purchasing it now with VIrtualDJ LE included and then using it to upgrade later at a discount. You could then keep it as a second backup system and/or portable setup for smaller gigs once you get the CDJ's, or gigs where no equipment is provided and you don't want to lug your own CDJ's to.

You will of course need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Pro anyway if you wish to use CDJ 850's with VirtualDJ, or any other controller for that matter including the hero (If you are able to map it), unless you are intending to use the software illegally, which we hope is not the case. If you like VirtualDJ, please support it and its future development by purchasing it, especially if you will be using it at gigs where you are being paid.

As above, you may be able to map the hero controller depending on your skill level and whether it acts as a standard HID controller or not. It's entirely up to you if you choose to use it, however, it may cause you embarrassment if you turn up to a gig with it (I.e: Another DJ and/or the management at the venue seeing you using a games console 'toy' regardless of how well it actually works or not.)

Posted Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 4:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)