Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Volume per Mp3's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am trying to get VDJ to stop automatically adjusting the gains per mp3 when they load up. I have the feature disabled, but it is still doing it. Any ideas?

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 5:42 pm
vdj automatically detects volume of each file

if gain is set to always match, it tries to keep the mp3 at the same level as the opposite deck
if set to always zero, the gain will be alway set to 0db (except of moment while song is loading...)
if set to off vdj will adjust the song gain according to its volume.

This is how it looks to me, use always match, turn limiter off.
Adjust the eq to the levels you will maximally use, adjust the gain so you won't hear any distortion.
set the same gain for the second deck. Vdj will try to keep same gain, but it can occasionaly change
and you will have to adjust it manually

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 8:49 pm
Where do you set the gain to always zero?

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 8:00 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
in the config/settings tab..

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 10:13 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
mjpaolucci:

It's not the gain problem, but limiter. Turn the limiter off, and set the automatic gain to off also. That will not adjust the mp3 volume AT ALL.

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 5:41 pm
I have had all of the settings disabled except for the force fade, and every song is being adjusted automatically. It is driving me nuts. Any other ideas? The limiter and the gain are disabled and have been since I started having this problem.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 12:54 am
if you have gain disabled vdj autoadjusts the songs !!!!

at least it works in my 3.01 version !!! notice that when you drag a song to one deck, and other song to the other deck. Don't press play just drag and drop differenc tanalysed songs on the decks and notice that the gain is autoadjusting even if set to DISABLED.

try to use always match and set both decks to the desired gain as I recommended in the first post.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 2:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)