Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 6.1 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
check out www.clear.com

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 9:50 am
clear.com? were you trying to answer my question?? if so, it didnt.. if you were responding to someone else for this response....

my question is STILL if you start VDJ without internet and then later teather your phone, you cant use the web search piece because it says NO INTERNET CONNECTION.. so far Ive had to be connected to the internet BEFORE I star VDJ or it doesnt work. I have a ticket in for this issue but no response yet...

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 10:00 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Clear.com is a mobile internet service provider in th U.S. I think. thanks for the reccomendation but I don't think its available in the UK.

As for the previous post, if you have a ticket open, i'm sure you have the best people dealing with your problem, so it will be worth the wait.

Gary

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 10:18 am
Hi all just downloaded V6.1 and subscribed so I can access Grooveshark. At the danger of sounding stupid once you have sourced a track and played it where is the content stored.

Can I create a folder with these tracks in?

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 10:24 am
It appears to be storing it on the C: . Supposed I want the cached files on my USB drive so that is I take the drive to another computer I can login to my membership and use the cached files... is this possible?

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 10:36 am
If it works like the old netsearch, the cached files can be moved to your other VDJ installation, but must be placed back in the cache folder.

You cannot move these out of the cache folder and store them amongst your own collection - You do not own them!! You simply have the rights to play them and retain them as long as your subscription is in place.

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 10:43 am
I am liking it!

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 11:11 am
I dont want to move the cached files into my library.. I want to move the entire CACHED folder so that it never stores the cached files on the C: but rather on the USB drive .. this way if I need to use my BACKUP LAPTOP during an event, I can just plug in the usb drive and get my library and ALSO the cached library....

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 12:08 pm
If you are playing the songs off-line, make sure that you renew the cache of the songs on a regular basis. If your gig computer never goes on the Internet, then you will need to do this on your other computer, then transfer them across.

Songs in the default NetSearch folder can be renewed by right-clicking on the NetSearch folder and choosing 'Refresh cache authorizations' (An actve Internet connection is required.)

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 12:45 pm
I dont think anyone understands what I want to do...

When you use netsearch.. the cached songs are stored on the C: drive.. that is the internal drive of the laptop. my USB drive is f:

I want to be able to store the cached files on the F: drive.... WHY, because if the main laptop goes down, I can move the USB drive to another laptop and go on with the show.. HOWEVER all the cached songs are on the C: drive of the other PC which doesnt help any...

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 12:49 pm
Can someone point me to where the songs are cached? I see the cache folder in my VDJ folder, but there's nothing in there and I've used a number of songs in the past few days from Netsearch. Do I actually have to right click the track and "cache it"?

>> I just found the answer myself, sorry for the post. I didn't realize there was the option to download the song and keep it cached on the computer. That is very cool.

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 1:57 pm
djqwikcut wrote :
I dont think anyone understands what I want to do...

When you use netsearch.. the cached songs are stored on the C: drive.. that is the internal drive of the laptop. my USB drive is f:

I want to be able to store the cached files on the F: drive.... WHY, because if the main laptop goes down, I can move the USB drive to another laptop and go on with the show.. HOWEVER all the cached songs are on the C: drive of the other PC which doesnt help any...

I think what you are asking is that your Netsearch cache is saved to F: - by default. This is not possible.

As suggested though you can copy them to your USB drive and then use them on another machine.

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 4:14 pm
You can manually move the songs from My Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache to another drive/folder of your choice, then browse to it in the VirtualDJ browser to load. This also allows music to be cached on one computer with Internet access and moved to another gig computer that never goes go on-line.

However, if you move it out of the NetSearch cache folder, then it will be more difficult to renew the cache for the files, which is important if you are using them off-line with no Internet access (They will not play if the cache has expired.)

In the default location, you can renew simply by right-clicking on the NetSearch folder and choosing Refresh cache authorizations

In other locations, you must browse to the files and right-click on them to do this (This can be done for a selection of multiple NetSearch songs.)

NOTE: The default cache location cannot be changed as far as I am aware.

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 5:12 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
By default the 'hard coded' location of the Cached files are to the Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache folder.

You can then copy or move the files to any folder or drive of choice. However, the re-authorization of the files still must be done on a regular basis without regard to where the files are located.

So, for example; I keep a copy of my cached files on an external drive and before I leave to do a gig, I reauthorize my local Cache folder then copy the files to my external drive folder. That way I know they are good for that night.

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 5:17 pm
I think there needs to be a setting in config to set the location of the cached files.. at a gig I wouldnt have time to move them from one machine to another in the middle of an event.. but if they were on the USB drive f: and virtual DJ knew f: was for cached files then I would be OK...

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 5:21 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
VMS4 support!!!!

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 10:27 pm
Any idea on how long these Cached files last? How long do I have before they expire? Hours? Days? Weeks?

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 10:36 pm
30 days

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 1:20 pm
But, if i understand, if you renew the cache authorisation (if you still are a premium member), you can continu to use the cached files

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 3:12 pm
djwilliec wrote :
JimmyL-DJ - have you tried the "unload" command?

Bind it to a midi key or whatever and see if it works for you..

Greetings,

I have an unload button on both decks and they work fine. The trouble I had was partial loading of songs. I haven't figured out what makes it hose up like this. Sometimes I can clear the problem by loading a very short MP3. But the other night I tried all my tricks and nothing worked. I had to re-boot VDJ.

There are plenty of others here having the same problem. It would be nice to have a command that flushes out the deck's memory or whatever is causing this bad behavior.

Thanks,

Jim

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 10:44 pm
54%