Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New skin in progress Rusty V.3.0 (Ready for download now) - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
JeremK wrote :
If you change the songpos colors, the dark version will look perfect!

You mean to add colors? Any syggestions?

I 'm getting difficulties to Reset the Key
An old ver script command ... action key value="reset" ... doesnt seem to work in ver 6. I even tried .. key value="0" and key_reset. Nothing. Any ideas?

Posted Fri 16 Apr 10 @ 10:46 am
loving the look of the dark skin :) as JeremK suggest the songpos needs a colour. To my eyes it looks fine but it looks hard to distinguish where in the track you are. i.e what is played and what isn't

to set a key reset use this:

"key +0"

works for me anyway.

Posted Fri 16 Apr 10 @ 2:44 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
deck 1 key 0
or
deck 2 key 0

Posted Fri 16 Apr 10 @ 4:02 pm
tanziPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Im already using your blue version. Really good work!
The dark version also looks really nice. Cant wait to test it!

Thanks for your work
Tanzi

Posted Fri 16 Apr 10 @ 7:45 pm
VERY GOOD THE POSS
GREETINGS FROM ARGENTINA

Posted Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 8:45 pm
Rusty Ver3 will introduce a brand new feature in skins.
Deck Selectors will highlight the decks, so it will be much easier to tell which deck is active with a glance !

Deck 1 Selected

Deck 2 Selected

Soon !!!!!

Posted Wed 21 Apr 10 @ 7:33 pm
djvonHome userMember since 2006
Very smart thinking. Without even watching too much you can tell which one is in control. Thanks,look forward for it soon.

Posted Thu 22 Apr 10 @ 12:34 am
looking hot!! there djjb =)

Posted Thu 22 Apr 10 @ 6:12 pm
Hi DJDad,
found a little bug in your skin (pretty good job so or so),
textfield rightside behind the samples don't work in case of pressing f-Key (for example F6=Sample-Slot6). Mouse-Click works fine.
Keep on the good work ;0)

Greets
Music234

BTW:
Rescan: I mean a button to rescan for hardware (VCI-Freeze-Bug)
Is the glance a new action or your work? Pretty cool ;0)

Posted Fri 23 Apr 10 @ 10:38 am
It's not actually a bug. It has to do with the way VDJ Script works. It will be corrected in next updates, i hope.

For the rescan button, i dont think it will be necessery in next versions. All controllers freezings will be corrected (basically VCI, VCM) . Until then you may use a button from the skin that you dont really use much (like bpm, tap etc) to assign this action.

[EDIT]
Try to download the new definition for VCI, VCM, maybe there is a bug fix there for you.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/11319/VCI-100.html

Posted Fri 23 Apr 10 @ 2:23 pm
Looks good, can't wait....

Posted Fri 23 Apr 10 @ 10:35 pm
Thanks for Infos,
the freez-bug will be fixed in next release? Good news! Hope will be soon.

Keep spinnin ;-P

Posted Sat 24 Apr 10 @ 8:34 am
So.. Rusty lovers here we go.. Ver 3 is ready !

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/11133/Rusty.html
(You might need to wait for validation from the VDJ Team..so dont rush)

A new Dark - Classic version is added

Blue still remain but updated

Orange version will come updated soon in next update. I didnt want to keep you waiting since dark & blue ver were ready.

A few words about the new update...

1. New resolutions added. Now available at 1440X900 1280X800 1280X1024 & 1366X768 (16:9)
2. New revolutionary highlighted decks when activated
3. New aluminium round faders for EQ, Vol, Gain etc
4. New feature .. ON AIR.
At the right bottom corner of the skin you will see a selector Midi Mixer (On-Off). If you choose Midi ON then you control the crossfader with a midi controller and you will see tha ON-AIR butons to light whenever a deck is ON-AIR (output). If you choose Midi OFF then you control the crossfader by an external audio mixer and the ON-AIR buttons will light ONLY when crossfader is exactly in the middel, so if by mistake you have moved it, then you have an indicator to tell you so.
I hope this new feature help you.
5. Fx & Loops now blink, so it is quite helpfull to tell at once if you are on Loop or activated an Effect. Sync blinks no more so that you get no confusion of what is blinking and why.
6. Video ON-OFF is moved to the top of the skin, to avoid a blank video output by mistake.
7. TC quality indicator is added to show the timecode signal quality for TC users
8. Pitch & Key reset buttons have been removed but you can do the same thing by pressing the small 0 (zero) in the middle of the fader.
9. Some color corrections are made (for blue version)

I hope you enjoy my skin.

See you in next update 3.1 (when updated orange version will be added)

Posted Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 7:12 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Simply one of the most complete and clean skins there is. !
Very good job, especially the dark version.

Posted Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 8:17 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the buttons + and - don't work for pitch while they work for key.

Posted Fri 30 Apr 10 @ 3:50 pm
They work as pitch bending (2%) , rightclick for more (continiously) bending.

Note that this skin is not adressed to users with keyboard and mouse. So the basic controlls like pitch are supposed to be controlled by external devices (midi). That is why ie the pitch fader is actually tiny, too difficult to control with mouse.

Posted Fri 30 Apr 10 @ 5:33 pm
djvonHome userMember since 2006
OMG djdad, you just stepped it up a notch with this one. No offense to the other skin creators but I found myself switching skins frequently until rusty came out. At first I said what a shitty, ugly skin it is but after realizing that the reason I kept switching is because of the display having jog wheels which isn't my type of skin I took to this. After using this skin at a gig recently and persons were amazed I can safely say that this is one of the best skins I've come accross if not the best because it's quality looking and has every function for controller (With TCV) type setups. absolutely brilliant. Will comment if I find any bugs. This should be added to main/default skins when downloaded.

Posted Fri 30 Apr 10 @ 9:31 pm
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
wow !!! great skin the dark version is awesome

already changed it a bit for my own needs

just a couple of questions to ask

is pitch lock pretty much the same as beatlock as I've got mine set up to beatlock whats the difference between them ?

and is it possible to be able to turn the audio/video panels on and off in the skin using the korg nano control for example as i have one of them ?

once again big thanks for making this skin its gone straight to my No 1

aubs

Posted Sat 01 May 10 @ 9:09 am
aubs123 wrote :
wow !!! great skin the dark version is awesome

already changed it a bit for my own needs

Nice change..

aubs123 wrote :
Pitch lock pretty much the same as beatlock as I've got mine set up to beatlock whats the difference between them ?

Yes they are quite the same.. actually pitchlock Locks the pitch sliders , so any slider you move, left or right they move together. Beatlock locks the beat to the active deck, if you move the pitch slider to the active deck, the other one moves also, but if you move the not-active slider it doesnt responds. Also beatlocks keeps them in sync, it moves a little bit the other deck so they will be syncronize. Bealock is usefull for scrathcing.
aubs123 wrote :
and is it possible to be able to turn the audio/video panels on and off in the skin using the korg nano control for example as i have one of them ?

Yes it is. I also have a KorgNanopad. Try to assign to Korg buttons the followed...
action="skin_pannel '82' on" ... turns off the video decks
action="skin_pannel '81 on" ... turns on the video decks
action="skin_pannel '91' on" ... turns on the audio mixer pannel
action="skin_pannel '92' on" ... turns on the video1 mixer pannel
action="skin_pannel '93' on" ... turns on the video2 mixer pannel

Thanks for the comments.
I'm gathering all the feedback, so that the next update will satisfy the majority.

aubs[/quote]

Posted Sat 01 May 10 @ 8:41 pm
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
that's great thanks for the helpful reply i will look into that and get it all set up

Posted Sun 02 May 10 @ 5:03 am
56%