Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: m3u to excel, anyone ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
What i need is to create some good looking lists mainly for karaoke /weddings (or video mixing) for my clients.
Excel (or other spreadsheet format) is the way to go i guess but virtualdj can export to m3u...

Did anyone know a simple way/utility or script to convert the standard m3u files from virtualdj in a format that can be imported to Excel ?

Or, alternatively... : to read the contents of a forder (media files, audio/video-including avi-/karaoke) and import them in excel ?
I'd like to use the standard Artist - Title info from filename to create Artist | Title columns..

I'm sure there are many ways to do this but it is kinda urgent for me, so maybe someone here have a good/quick solution.

Posted Sun 14 Mar 10 @ 8:49 pm
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 12:35 am

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 3:29 am
Greetings and good morning:

try with winamp, but please, click "misc", then "generate playlist" but do it with the skin that shows in the picture, then you create lists of songs and then copy and paste into excel, as you mention only drag the file "m3u" into winamp and done

STEP 1

STEP 2

regards

DJ POTTER PRODUCTIONS

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 10:56 am
It won't be helpful to you at the moment, but the next application I am going to write is going to offer this ability. If you have other "utility" needs please let me know so I can include them in my next app

Yes, it will be available here in the Tools section and freeware (with source code available as well)

Peace,
James

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 12:48 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Very nice, thank you all,
..no time to test - there is an important event coming and i have to prepare, so i will use my current lists for now.
I'll come back to this thread after a few days.
Thank you again.

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 9:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)