Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Cue "Scan for Tags" "Recurse" and "Add To Search Database"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know what the following things do in numark cue Vers 5.2.1?

I'm wondering what the difference is between "Add to search database" and "Scan for tags"?

Also, what does Recurse do? I have no clue what it's used for?

For that matter, what exactly does "Scan for BPMs" do when you use it?

Thanks for any info!

Freakndj

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 7:49 pm

Posted Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 11:46 pm

That's the worse "help" I've ever seen given. Don't strain yourself. Why would he want to go to Numark's Media Files page?

freakndj, look here: http://www.virtualdj.com/images/pdf/VirtualDJ6-UserGuide.pdf

The manual is kind of vague. So I'll tell you what I know.

If you select a folder that is an album of a particular artist, right click on it and select "Scan for BPMs"; it will analyze the tracks in that folder and display the BPM and Key of the tracks. If they are selected as columns to be displayed in the browser section. Also it will display in the "File Infos".

If you select a folder that is an album of a particular artist, right click on it and select "Add to search DB"; it will add this folder to the database of searchable files when you search for tracks. This is only necessary if you have selected "add manually" in the Browser tab, of the Settings dialog box.

If you select a folder that is an album of a particular artist, right click on it and select "scan for tags"; will new available tags you can use if you've changed the tags of some files (for example: if you changed the artist name's spelling or title change) after the original "add to search DB". It won't automatically change it for you, but they will be ther if you want to select the tag info.

Hope this helps.

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 7:11 am
Sorry my link was so unhelpful....I'm sure glad you've jumped in 8 MONTHS LATER to to set me straight with another link to the (wrong) manual.

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 5:03 pm
jakeintox wrote :
Sorry my link was so unhelpful....I'm sure glad you've jumped in 8 MONTHS LATER to to set me straight with another link to the (wrong) manual.

Manual might be for the wrong software, but at least it's a manual; Cue and VDJ are similiar enough.

The actual info I gave him should help. It answers exactly what he wanted to know: what is "Add to search DB", "Scan for tags" and "Scan for BPMs".

As far as 8 months later, he might still have a problem. Better late than not at all; or completely wrong.

Also, he's probably not the only one looking for answers, either. I was searching for something similiar when I found this thread.

Hey bro, sorry if I stepped on your toes. I should have been more PC with my post, but don't get upset if you give half-ass advice and someone calls you on it.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 1:08 am
No worries. :)

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 2:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)