Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hard question but very important!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Elo everybody!

I'have hard question:

I'm soon (next 2 months) going to buy real hardware (decks ttx1 and mixer ppd01), but i'm not shure about it... why?
it was always my dream to play from vinyls but... i was using atomix software about 4 years and i have a lot of real great mp3 (no way to get them on vinyls), and playing from vdj is far mor creative than vinyl or cd (U just can do more). Of coure U can scratch on vinyl and etc. but mostly I play house and techno so i dont need to scratch. More, now vdj just have purhased my dream mp3 controller from eks. with this piece there is no more bariers! only creativity!
And now im confused 'cos also decks and vdj controllers costs the same so i have to choose one of them... grrrrr! i'm very confused!
Of course both of them have advantahes and disadvantages. for eg. vinyls in uk are very expensive. U have to pay from 3 to (mostly) 10 pound for one vinyl! it's a lot of money! mp3 are "free" and easy to find but... quality... vinyl is just far more better.
And most important issue: legality and "respect" (i mean all that topic about 'been able to play gigs in real clubs, not only as a bedroom dj)...
So if U were me what U will do? buy real decks and all this stuff or buy 2 xp10 controllers and be a unreal but more flexible dj...
Please help me with my problem...
I'm looking forward for answers...
all regards

DJ Problem
ps. eventually sorry for gramma. i'm an alien :)

Posted Thu 14 Aug 03 @ 5:25 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don`t understand why you said that using vdj you won`t be a real DJ.. If you think that using two real decks you would be a better DJ, then go and buy them..
But for me VirtualDJ is a powerful and easy to use tool that lets you do almost everything you have ever dreamt and it has a very good sound quality..

Posted Thu 14 Aug 03 @ 6:25 pm
yeah!... thats explains everything...(irony)
Doesn't matter anyway, i decided to go on compromise: i'll buy real decks and later one VDJ controller :)
Cya!

Posted Fri 15 Aug 03 @ 10:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)