Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: problem with broadcasting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I installed server from shoutcast.com. I confugured it and it works. I can listen music over ethernet, but nobody can listen it over internet! I opened ports 8000 & 8001 on my firewall.

What more can i set?

tnx

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 6:05 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm out of ideas too, couldn't help. :/

==========================================================

Another question to all:

Did anyone succeed to broadcast without shoutcast (t.i. VDJ only)? I tried to connect to given address under the broadcast options, but it didn't seem to work. Can someone explain how this type actually works?

Regards,
erXon

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 7:01 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Yes it works for me.

Xeon, why did you download something from shoutcast.com, with the new VDJ 2.1 you don't need anything exterior from VDJ to broadcast.

I opened the 8000 port too on my firewall and it works great.

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 12:16 am
Hey

Are you behind a router? If so, you have to do port forwarding.

If not, try another port. 8000 is only the default one.

Hope this helps.

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 1:02 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks for input guys, but we solved the problem. His PC had a "auto select" IP, while the rooter's Virtual Server had a constant number, that's why the computer never had access through that port.

Ps: I think you still need a server if you want to broadcast with shoutcast, don't think it's not implemented in vdj (or am I wrong?).

Now about my question (2 posts) above, if anyone would explain with more detail, would really appriciate it:)

erXon

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 1:41 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
No you don't need anything from shoutcast.com for the server part, it is implemented in VDJ since the new version.

I made a FAQ for the Radio on the french forum, i need to translate it. give me a day to do so please!

Jeremie

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 1:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)