Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: maya44 timecode cd help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am using the timecode cd with my numark cdx but I am still hearing distortion when back cueing the record a slow pace slowly: it is usually a bleeping noise accompanied by a grating noise : it sounds like the timecode signal is trying to escape(and does) but the vdj catches it and silences it.

I have searched the forum for “timecode cd” but found no solution to this problem.
Everything else works fine: I have 100% signal from timecode. It is just the slight digtal distortion when scratching and back cueing that bugs me.

I have tried changing the latency settings, changing reactivity speed, pulling the maya usb card in all 4 of my USB ports still the same result.

Here are my settings
Toshiba Pentium 4: 2.4 laptop with 514meg
Direct x 9.c
Maya 44 USB version with drivers 2.5.5
Timecode mp3 converted to a wav file and burned a 4x speed

--- Reactivity – fast

I also followed the recommendations from one of cstoll’s posts and am configured as follows:

on the ASIO Config... button
---USB Tab - Device Maya44, checks in Output and Input, Sample Rate - 44.1kHz, Resolution 16bit
---ASIO Tab - ASIO Resolution 24 bit, System performance - Highspeed, everything else default

-Config Timecode
---Gain – auto (I tried difference places on the slider : no success with the problem)
--Silence – auto (I tried difference places on the slider: no success with the problem)
--- Software RIAA - tried checked and unchecked (didn’t help the problem)
---Invert Stereo or Phase - unchecked ( tried checked – causes music to spin backwards)
---Turntable – cd
--Antiskip – checked
-- Control panel – running in background.
-- the Maya44 Control Panel - Monitor In 1+2 and 3+4 are Muted, Input is at about 2/3 Full and Output is at Max (100%
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 9:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)