Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ok, so I'll be the wet blanket on 2.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good things in the patch, but in the fervor of everyone unwrapping their new toy called "video mixing" I would just like to say to the Devs:

Please, PLEASE don't get caught up and waste developing time on features that won't be more than a novelty to most of your customers. Don't get me wrong...the video stuff is neat and all, but there are many great suggestions in these very forums that are not yet in the AUDIO portion of the software.

I don't want to see VDJ become a Jack of all trades and Master of none.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 8:08 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@dev team

forgive them they know not what they are talking about. I'm a heavy user of the new video feature, I use the karoke mostly but the video is quickly being added to all of my mobile shows and has landed me another club gig maybe. I demoed there a couple of sunday's ago and i'm waiting on the call from them. I had comments like "i didn't know you could use vinyl to control the videos" and my favortie "wow" when i put up a custom logo of the bar name (i stole it from their website)

Just because a feature isn't useful to you doesn't mean its not useful to others. Sometimes you have to zoom out to see the whole picture.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 8:20 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
@bargler: this new version has been developed closely with many many users from the website during the past few weeks, and most of their requests on the audio part have been added.

Even if marketingly the accent is put on the video part, don't get it wrong, you will find version 2.1 filled with almost all the improvements that have been asked for on the audio part.
(still, if the one particular improvement you wanted is still missing, well, we can't add every one of them in one update. What improvement in particular were you thinking about?)

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 10:07 am
lack1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
It would be nice to get some up to date directions for all the new stuff.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 7:10 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@cyderhouse: I'm sure it is useful for some people. I don't think it is a waste of a feature...at all. I just question the priority of it. I think you'd have to admit that only a minority of customers will actually use this feature.

@dev: Don't get me wrong. I'm happy with the audio improvements of 2.1. But I have to stop and wonder if other major audio improvements were pushed back. If one day of work on a new timestretch algorithym (for one example) was lost, then the video mixing was not a good use of resources to this customer.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 7:37 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I won't be a user of the video part either, but frankly this version is full of great audio stuff.
ID3 tags read/save, auto_cue option, and, my favorite undocumented new feature: choice of "Analyze" type right in the contextual menu: techno-hiphop or any music, per track at the click of a button!

thanks!

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 9:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)