Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: From 2.6 back too 2.1?????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djchillPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I find the new version 2.1 100% stable and working fine.I am now able too use virtualdj as a media player cause I am able to load a whole bucnch of tunes in my playlist and virtualdj will automatically mix each of them in order.I can just load up my tunes and just sit back and let virtualdj do the work.Big Props!!!!! But the only problem I have is that I cannot see why they named the update 2.1 when we were awaiting version 2.07.I find this to be very confusing as I know will have to rename my updates which I got from them.Could a memeber from the team plz explain why they named the new version 2.1????

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 10:50 pm
From 2.6 back too 2.1?????

loool

its from 2.06 to 2.1 ;) .. and NOT 2.6 to 2.1 hehe

or it other words from 2.06 to 2.10 if you like ;)

the 2.07 - 2.09 where skipped ;)

Because this is a major release with many new features and fixes, its called 2.1 ... thats all

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 10:59 pm
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm not a member of the team, but I think they made so many changes to VDJ that it almost warrants a complete version change, as in 3.0. Maybe not quite, but this is certainlt more than a 1% change. If they'd said it was VDJ 2.5, I'd have no problem believing that the changes they made were in line with that much of a revision. There are easily more than enough changes to warrant rolling up to 2.1. 1% revisions are usually used just for simple bugfixes. Adding video is a pretty severe upgrade.
At first, I made the same mistake you did. I looked at the tab to download 2.1, and I thought "wait a minute! Why are they having me download an older version? Oh yeah, it's 2.06. "

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 10:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)