Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Use DJ Hero controller as a "controller" in VDJ? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Not really sure what DM5 has to do with it, and what's the difference between a DJ that uses Serato or VDJ?? None other then the software!! For what you paid for the DJ Hero game and controller you could of bought a REAL controller..........eBay is a great place to start looking. Don't give me this shit about how your so poor either, you have the internet and obviously a laptop or desktop, neither of those are cheap!! Now if you still wanna use that fake DJ console your first gonna need an adapter that will connect the unit to your laptop, again eBay is a great place for you to find one aswell. Next find the wiki that gives you information on how to make a definition file for it.......Then find the wiki that shows you how to map things in VDJ. Either way I still think your gonna need another program like Glovepie or Rejoice to even get the thing to send MIDI messages to VDJ..........its not as simple as just plugging it in, mapping it and having fun. It's obvious you haven't done your research when it comes to using game controllers and controllers with programs like this. You have a lot to learn so Goodbye and Good Luck cause your gonna need it.....

Huey

Posted Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 6:18 pm
were just trying to save you from yourself champ, It is a bad idea that wont give you enough control, Why not just buy a 2go for $100, that way you get vdj le, which you can upgrade later to pro at a small discount. Because you need the full pro version to be able to map anything which costs $300, so if you think about it for a second.

xbox $300
dj hero game $100
blutooth dongle $20
Virtual Dj Pro $300
time to figure out how to make a definition file and map the controller 10+ hours $280
all up $1000

or

Numark 2go with vdj le $100
plug and play (0 time to learn)

later when you get cdj's (which you don't need and are a waste of money, with less features than cheaper competitors, but if you need a pioneer badge a great option LOL)

upgrade to vdj pro $250
plug and play (0 time to learn)

features of 2go Vs Dj hero
2go features
- dual deck
- 16 buttons, 3 faders, 4 knobs, 1 endless encoder, 2 jogs
- 8 leds for visual feedback
- comes with VDJ LE
- $50 Discount on upgrading
- plug n play
- cheap but okay construction

Dj Hero's features/cons
- single deck
- 4 buttons, 1 slider, 1 endless encoder (jog), 1 knob
- you cant use the jog as a jog, if you turn it you lose the ability to use the buttons
- cheap mass produced construction
- It's super Ghey, if that's your thing..

Posted Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 6:55 pm
I just got home from a Dub-Step gig and one of the Dj's (not extremely serious dj but fairly serious) ripped the shit out of his set using Virtual DJ and a wireless Dj Hero controller. It scratched when you turn the wheel and the buttons had effects (idk what effect but I know beatgrid was on of them). It's not that bad an idea if you are just playing around. BTW FOR ALL THOSE "DJ'S" TALKING ABOUT DJING IS SERIOUS AND DJ HERO CONTROLLER/MIXER IS A JOKE; USING VIRTUAL DJ IS A JOKE. GET A REAL PROGRAM LIKE ABLETON OR EVEN TRAKTOR!!!

Posted Fri 28 Oct 11 @ 10:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Obvious troll is obvious.

Thanks for that, but VDJ is definately not a joke. I know plenty of working professional UK DJs using it.

Traktor and Ableton are both good programs. Ableton is a bit rubbish for DJing to be honest IMHO. Too automated and too inflexible for a DJ. Both lack decent video support so aren't any good for video jocks.

Posted Sat 29 Oct 11 @ 4:14 am
I apologized. Virtual Dj is a good program. I was speaking on it without having really looked into it but you still can't down someone for wanting to use a DJ Hero controller as a real controller. I wouldn't use it as a main controller but it'd be sweet to have as a "DJ-tar" like the dj I saw. He attached it to a strap and was running around scratching and getting everyone pumped so. Don't down someone for wanting to try something new. Better than a "DJ" I know who plays her music off of Itunes and has her controller there for looks when it's not even hooked up...

Posted Sun 30 Oct 11 @ 2:03 pm
Hah good shit!! I gotta say for wax there is no better and i could see a kids side of it under the age to work or doesnt get an allowance but i would have to say, seriously just buy a controller. end of story. I found this post and its very ironic because i bought DJ Hero for my son 5 or 6 years ago and he maybe played around with the game and controller a year or so and eventually became yard sale item that never got sold because we were asking top dollar for it. After not being sold it got stored away somewhere. I am a Pro User, and Virtual DJ is by far the best program for us serious users and i would recommend to any one. I have owned and used a few different Numark controllers and wore them to the ground. I currently own a Mixtrackand have it mapped to perfection so letting go of it wouldnt be so easy. Here's my Question?? Does anyone know the wiring config or conversion to replace the B10KX2 Numark cross fader board with the DJ Hero GH5 DJ Cross Fader Board-4 Is it possible to use the cross fader slider board off the DJ Hero controller? I know it sounds crazy but after accidentally snapping off fader i stumbled upon the 2 year lost DJ Hero box and figured it may after be put to good use by being dismantled and taken apart to use the fader and finally give the eyesore a rest with a nice home in the trash can RIP. If no dice then i guess ill just have to cry a little and get a sweet Mixtrack Pro 2 :).. But please curiosity is killin me..
    If anyone has info
  • schematics for both boards
  • manuals
  • circuitry
Thanks

Posted Wed 05 Jun 13 @ 3:31 pm
tobstHome userMember since 2015
The Roland TB-303 bass line that is responsible for a whole genre of electronic dance music was deemed to be not much more than a toy ... and is now one of the most sought after pieces of electronic music equipment (along with the TR-808 drum machine that didn't sell all that well either ... these devices were popular because at the time they were cheap). Whilst I haven't investigated the potential of the DJ Hero controller, don't write it off as a toy and unsuitable for someone aspiring to be a professional DJ.

:-)

Posted Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 1:58 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
I think a 2 year old Thread is a bit - "irrelevant".

[closed]

Posted Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 10:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)