Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon S-1000 controlling VirtualDJ a success

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I finally got my denon s1000's to control Virtual DJ! It was the sound card causing the problem. A buddy of mine gave me a Maya 44USB, I plugged them in and WOW. I can control everything from the denons

A few bugs though, it seems to cut off the first beat of the song, this makes it tough to beat match songs. If they can perfect this, this is by far THE BEST CONTROLLER possible. For I can use the decks with my CD's, mp3 cd's, and control VirtualDJ

Overall, I am very happy with the progress thet Atomix is making with VDJ. I look forward to testing 2.07

Equipment:
Averatec laptop AMD Athlon XP 2600 512mb
maya 44 usb
2 denon s1000's
Time coded CDs

Posted Sun 01 May 05 @ 4:33 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Continue to play with them... I do not have the beat cut off problem :)

Posted Sun 01 May 05 @ 9:59 am
well how do I fix this? on some tracks, after I press play it cuts off the first beat of the song. on other tracks it doesn't!?

Posted Sun 01 May 05 @ 4:14 pm
Yeah Wireless- i know what your talking about- THe Denons with VDJ is the best possible option in my opinion. YOu can seemlessly mix between VDJ, CDs, and MP3 CDs, and controlling it all it awesome. I'm using the DN-S3000s and it is freakin great. Denons for life! Anyway- with that first beat problem- sometimes you gotta just reset the TC-track on the denons and hit stop on VDJ (I have the stop and play buttons shortcutted to my keyboard) this will bring the TC track back to the beginning and the VDJ track back to beginning. If that still doesn't work- mess around with your denons setting your play mode on continuous or single and then bring the TC Track back while its playing a song and see what happens. Continuous works great for me.

Posted Sun 01 May 05 @ 9:01 pm
It didn't work. Lowering the latency to 3ms for the input seemed to help a little

Here is an idea. Create another Time coded MP3 track that wil allow the user to select the track with the jog wheel

Posted Mon 02 May 05 @ 4:11 am
OH yeah well- the latency should be set the highest oubviously. That will give the best results (that is, if your puter can handle it.) I have my latency all the way up- works perfectly.

selct the track with the jog??? i have no idea what your talking about.

Posted Mon 02 May 05 @ 9:21 am
I think he means like making up a 3 track TC CD so that you can skip between the tracks, that way you're always getting the start of it.

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 2:14 pm
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you burning the time code as MP3? It should be burned as a WAV.

Posted Tue 03 May 05 @ 11:33 pm
how did you get the denon s1000's to control Virtual DJ! does it has a usb connection ? I just went on denon web site and download the manual could not find anything saying so, can you help on how can this to work.thank you

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 7:24 am
DJ_Phil_it:
He attached his Denon players to a Maya USB souncard as you can see in the first post. The mp3 with the timecode signal could be dowloaded from this site. Burn this mp3 as audio to 2 cds and you are ready to go.
I have also 2 of those Denon players and I like them much
Ewout

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 6:26 pm
where on the site can I download the mp3 with the timecode signal ?

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 8:02 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 04 May 05 @ 8:07 pm
1265PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Wow! That sounds great, can I use my Denon 9000 with VDJ? I also have a denon 2600f, please advise

Thanks

Posted Fri 06 May 05 @ 7:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)