Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Post it here! - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

lock-on beat tap function
that doesnt just use the exact timing you give but uses it as a guide to find what is actualy the beat!

Oh and that internet CBG Database idea would be amazing!

Automix that actualy uses CBG4s (Prefrably CBG16s lol as if)

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 2:19 am
oh and sort out the timestretch! lol

Posted Sun 08 May 05 @ 2:21 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Guys,
Full support to Sound Blaster Cards, Audigy 2 in ASIO mode. 48KHz will be nice too. Please!

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 6:01 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
A "needle drop BYPASS" as an option.
Best solution for timecode, and still use all the cues in Virtual dj, especially for NON scratch cd players (cdj-100, cdj-500...)

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 3:18 pm

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 10:34 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What about support for customizable skins like some other DJ software? Where a skin would be devided into different portions which can be hidden or moved around. For example one portion of the skin would be the decks, the other is the mixer, file manager, etc...

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 5:39 am
pegazusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's would be nice too see a visual efects like AVS from winamp in this new version from VDJ, like efects moving with the music beat. I'll would used in projectors in the club with Techno and Hip Hop music.

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 3:50 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@ pegazus i completely agree with you!
but i think it is possible to use winamp in combination with VDJ and AVS works this way. i will ask friend who already tryed this and post it into my blog.

Dj Nikki

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 6:53 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It is possible and I have done it even with Atomixmp3, but I advise against it. It is better to run visual plugins on a separate computer through a line in. Running both VDJ and 3D plugins on the same system is too much of a strain on the CPU and video card.

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 9:43 pm
@abnorm which visual plugin do you advise?

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 10:07 pm
pegazusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@abnorm I think if the virtualDJ team devolp a AVS like integraded, it's would be not so hard CPU consuming. AVS is very smart and run at my Home PC (1GHz, 248MBram Dimm, 8MBram video)with no problem! I used a rented Laptop (in north Brazil is a litlebit hard to buy one and the remuneration from us DJ is too low).

At the CLub who i DJing has a Projector.

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 2:46 am
Support under Linux and MAC!

Windows is buggy and I think I can put a better use to my laptop and give me an excuse to format my HDD LOL.

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 3:49 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry only your windows is buggy. When you can spend a lot of time on Linux to use it, you can do the same thing on Windows ;-)

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 2:23 pm
"Sorry only your windows is buggy"

LOL

You know DJcel maybe you should install Windows and just look at the amount of patches that MS has. I know a big difference between both OS. Windows has security leaks. buggy updates, updates to fix updates, a HIGH price for software with many issues, but is great for everyday office work and gaming.

Linux, ok might not have the high compatibility as Windows does, has no security leaks, is open source code so you can compile the kernel to do exactly what YOU want to do, is quite stable, at least 80%+ less viruses and spyware, its FREE!!!! (shall I go on?).

Macs are great machines too! I don't personally use one although I have on many occasions and they are quite stable as well. and has less issues then Microsoft products.

I'm not saying either one is better then the other although it always depends on what we do with the system. I for one would much rather configure my OS to give me optimal performace for Audio if this is all I want it to do, With Linux I can do this.

Windows I just install the software and let Windows control the system the way it wants it, not exactly how I would like to have it setup.

If you look at many other DJ software like FS, SSL (which are I would say among some of the best out there) HAVE support for Linux and Mac.

I just suggested that VDJ would have the same support.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 3:07 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok I'm posting a sum of few minor improvements that are needed in my opinion (some that haver already been addressed, but not yet implemented):

1/ SAMPLE PRESETS

Ability to store locations of ALL 12 samples including volume values into ONE file. Would be very helpful with organizing samples.

2/ INDEPENDANT WAVEFORM DISPLAYS

Would improve SPLIT-VIEW display. It would be very helpful when creating a multi-instance skin, where 3 deck displays could all be above each other, and not switch places when switching between active desks.

Well I had more in mind but I guess I'll remember later when going through VDJ again.

erXon

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 7:57 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Regarding The hercules DJ console compatibility:

The jogs are far too sensitive, I would like to see an option in the confiq to adjust the sensitivity level, so that users can find what works best for them, if I had that option I would decrease the sensitivity by at least 25%. I have used the DJ console with other softwares where the jog wheels function alot less sensitivly.

I think this would be most useful regarding the Console.

Bagpuss

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 8:16 pm
@bagpuss you have function in setup - use jogs to scratch. if i understand your problem you have difficulties to match beats with jogs because they are too sensitive and move song too much.
tell me if i'm wrong.

Dj Nikki

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 10:26 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The same could be said for the XP10's. Because of the small diameter of their mixing plate, it is often difficult (for me) to maintain a tight scratch.

It would help my budding turntablist skills considerably if I could adjust their sensitivity when scratching.

Posted Mon 16 May 05 @ 10:51 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Not quite Xeon,
I'm useing Jog mode, But the sensitivity (in the program) is too high, one slight nudge and the beats move far too much, it's good for searching, but for manual syncing it is far too sensitive, or maybe not for some, but here, it is best to add a bar so everyone can specify there own value to suite their individual prefrence...

Bagpuss ;)

Posted Wed 18 May 05 @ 5:11 pm
Bagpuss,
this is also the case for the DVinyl controller. I proposed to enter a value yourself in the configuration menu. This value represent the nudge / bend value like it could be done with shortcuts.
I would also like to have a choice between nudge and bend.
Ewout

Posted Thu 19 May 05 @ 3:24 pm
20%