Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The American Audio DP2 - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There is no such thing as writing mappers for 32-bit vs 64-bit ... ;P

I am in the process of testing the new drivers from American Audio. Will get you some feedback shortly ...

Btw, I test on XP, Win7 32-bit, Win7 64-bit and Mac platforms ... :)

Posted Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 10:49 am
Well ... I am not happy at all with what is going on now ... let me put together some things for American Audio. Either the card in the unit I have is going flakey or the drivers are not good. But something is not right ... :(

Posted Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 1:53 pm
Sorry, I'm not really a technical computer guy so I didn't know that 32 bit or 64 bit makes no difference. So if that's not the problem, what else could be causing the issues I' having? As I said, on my friends XP system, everything except the mic worked perfectly and his system is no where neaer as fast and powerful as my Laptop.

Posted Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 10:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DP2 and Maya 44 USB actually use the same drivers. Try to download the latest from esi.com. I think there is 2.94 ver available.

Posted Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 1:25 pm
djdad wrote :
DP2 and Maya 44 USB actually use the same drivers.

So does the NS7 ... but they are customized for the NS7 ... and that is the case here as well. Have you tried the Maya drivers?

@blaide13 ... it's not a 'power of the laptop' issue. Either this unit I have has gone bad or the drivers are just that dorked up. I even tried this unit with the PCDJ DEX software that came with it and had similar issues. I am talking with AA to see what might be the problem ... might have to have them ship me a new unit ... but we will see.

Posted Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 4:34 pm
Ok, so if it's not a "PC power" or 32 bit or 64 bit issue, what could it be in my case? If my driver for the DP2 unit was funky like the unit you have, wouldn't it not work for both my laptop as well as my friends? The DP2 worked flawlessly on his machine, but not mine. The only variable in my scenario is the laptop. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling everything again and see if that helps. Outside of that, I'm lost as to what else I can do at this point.

Posted Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 6:29 pm
Have the DP2 and works fine on both my laptops except the mic as mentioned.

I belive the mic problem is due to VDJ as the mic inputs do not work on the beheringer BCD2000 or 3000.

Strangly the mic works with the enclosed software with the DP2.

Any ideas on when this issue is going to be resolved within VDJ?

Posted Tue 23 Feb 10 @ 9:18 pm
Earlier ijn this thread the same question was asked. They are aware of the problem and hopefully will have it fixed in the next update, but we will have to wait and see as they do not announce release dates on Updates. I'm in the same boat. Just trying to figure out why my system won't function properly with Cstoll's mapper still. Hopefully newer drivers that Cstoll is testing will fix the problem and then when VDJ releases the next update, the mic issue will be fixed and then all of us DP2 users will have fully functional controllers.

Posted Wed 24 Feb 10 @ 9:25 pm
I just bought one of these units to have something portable to mess around with and I am experiencing the same problems as blaide13. On VDJ I have full midi control but I don't get sound sound. Everything works fine on DEX. I am using Windows7 64 bit

Have you been able to get sound to work Blaide13? I might just install XP on my laptop and give it a try on XP

Posted Sat 06 Mar 10 @ 1:58 am
Hi Guy's,

Downloaded version 6.0.7 and tested the mic through the DP2 and still nothing.

A bit dissapointed that this issue is still not been fixed. (but i will hold on as i'm sure you guys have a lot of things that your still working on and this may not be your top priority but please can you look into this cstroll)

Intrestingly in control panel, sounds when you look at the mic levels and speak into the mic they go up and down but either VDJ or windows cannot route the sound back out to the DP2.

PS. I have another CDJ wanting to get VDJ but he's happy to wait till this mic issue has been resolved as I could not get the mic working through his behringer 2000 either. As soon as this is fixed there is 1 more sale to support VDJ.

Thanks guy's

Posted Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 7:55 pm
Hi guys. No I have had absolutely not luck or progress with VDJ and the DP@. No sound from the mic and no sound in the headphones. In =fact, the headphone volume knob just raises the volume coming out of my speakers. Cstoll has been working on this and is also having issues, but he has been in communication with American Audio, getting new drivers from them, and I'm sure if anyone can get this controller working, it's Cstoll. We just have to be patient and give him time. I too hope that the VDJ team reads this and will Fix the mic problem with this controller. I thought it would have been addressed in this update, but I guess they are still having problems getting it to work.
It's a shame rewally, because I built a whole new system case around this controller and right now it is just sitting on my desk collecting dust until soemone can figure out a solution. Hang in there though. A solution should be out before summer (I hope).

Posted Thu 18 Mar 10 @ 11:09 pm
idjnyPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The Headphone jack are assigned to ASIO 5-6 but VDJ only supports 4 asio channels. The Customer can use a RCA to mini jack adapter. On Player 2 RCA outs that are ASIO ch 3-4 that is where the headphones are routed by VDJ’s sound configuration. We are working on a driver interface to patch the headphone jack to channels 3-4.
Config settings are Master: Channel 1&2 / Headphones 3&4
ASIO config ADJ-DP2 USB Asio Driver
Download Mappers & Drivers @ AmericanAudio.com (specifically) for DP2 & VDJ
As of today, the mic is not compatible you will have to Mic out of your computer with the necessary adapters or purchase a external mixer.
I have no problem cueing headphones.
Windows 7 64 bit system is great. Why? Because it is the footprint of Windows XP. Windows Vista is garbage 32 & 64 bit. It is a very power hungry OS & no matter how much ram you add,,,,eventually it will continue to utilize half. Windows upgrade from Vista to 7 32 or 64 bit results a 70% reduction in processes which equals lower CPU usage.
The only problem I have is again the 1% loop values. If I wish to build my mixes up I have to use the mouse which is tricky. PCDJ is all right, and functions fully, but the CPU usage per the program is very deceptive (LIES) when compared to a real time comparison via the taskbar. If anyone has success with the LOOP BUILD UPS,,,PLEASE POST & RESPOND.

Posted Sat 27 Mar 10 @ 10:26 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

ASIO channels could be assign in Windows Registry:

AsioMApChainOut: 00 01 04 05

With this instructions you could get Headphones ASIO 5-6 going out in VirtualDJ as 3-4. That's the way to work on this.

About Mic usage, this would be addressed by Dev Team, but now you can use an external mixer to have Mic usage.

Windows Vista without Sidebar could give you less CPU usage and also disable WIFi and Bluetooth to get more CPU power available.

I don't get what could be your problem using Loops. You can assign some keyboard keys or midi controller buttons, to assign the LOOP you want. V = LOOP 1 is the action of loop 1 in "V" keyboard key.

Regards,

Posted Sun 28 Mar 10 @ 3:28 pm
acw

i typed ''regedit'' to go to windows registry.

where to i find the asiomapchainout?

Posted Fri 02 Apr 10 @ 2:35 am
hey guys. the only thing not mentioned which i am interested in knowing is where vdj plans on releasing an update for the DP2. what i mean by that is if adj can get their poop in a group and send out a proper mapper so we can use the mic as well as the headphones with no headaches associated. I just want to know if i should plan on returning the unit and going with a hercules or should i keep it and wait for the update either via version or patch.

if someone could just shed some basic light on that it would be great. it offers a perfect solution for our mini dj dances for an all in one unit thats nice and light. i may have to go hercule rmx but i would prefer this model if possible. :-) i'm certainly no willing to switch the guys over to dex since they are already comfy with vdj.

thanks again.

Posted Wed 07 Apr 10 @ 1:30 pm
American Audio does not provide a mapper and the mapper is not the issue. The unit is properly mapped and functions correctly.

As for the Microphone issue - we have said numerous times that this is currently a VirtualDJ limitation and we are working to add this into a future update. Hopefully in the very near future as this is not just a DP2 issue. It is with any controller that has a built in Mic - NS7 included.

Posted Wed 07 Apr 10 @ 2:06 pm
Hey Cstoll, Quick question. Are you working with VDJ in programming a future release that will address the Mic issue on the American Audio DP2 as well as other controllers that have the Mic limitation, or is that something that the VDJ developers handle themselves? Just wondering if a solution to this lo9ng standing issue will be resolved anytime soon.

Posted Mon 26 Apr 10 @ 9:14 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
How has it lasted?

And in the specs says supports XP/VISTA....Side note: I have done extensive testing under Windows 7 and Windows 7 64 bit, works great.

I cannot get it to work with Windows 7 Home Premium, any ideas?

Posted Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 12:46 pm
good thing for these forums..

I was planning to get american audio dp2.

since release of 6.0.8 is the microphone the only problem there is?

all replies appreciated

dj kz

... i can map out the buttons my self with the built in mappers.. so no problem there.

it's just hardware performance and soundcard ability..

is it wdm 4 channel? or is it 4.1 .. or is it asio 4 ch.. or is it like the hercules 4 stereo + mini.. (headphones)

shame there is no lcd screen to tell what's going on... but it's ok.

Posted Tue 04 May 10 @ 10:46 pm
Hey I noticed the DP2 mapper has been taken down off the plugin download page. Cstoll, are you re-mapping the DP2? Any luck with your dealings with American Audio in getting it working properly including the Mic? Please keep me updated. I'm still having no luck on my end and my DP2 is currently an expensive paper weight.

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 4:52 am
96%