Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The American Audio DP2 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Interesting to see soo much hype over an American Audio product.

I must admit I'm seriously looking into this controller.

If it can be made to work with VDJ.

Posted Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 1:14 am
Purchased one yesterday and got most of the buttons mapped only problem I'm having is getting the mic to work through the controller.

I have mapped the mic volume knob to mic_volume but does not seem to be an option to run an external mic through vdj.

Any ideas would be appricated.

I can see the mic working through windows but no sound is comming from the mic through the sound card in windows either.

Posted Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 8:41 am
hardingncik wrote :
Purchased one yesterday and got most of the buttons mapped only problem I'm having is getting the mic to work through the controller.

I have mapped the mic volume knob to mic_volume but does not seem to be an option to run an external mic through vdj.

Any ideas would be appricated.

I can see the mic working through windows but no sound is comming from the mic through the sound card in windows either.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought it had a direct mic input and for channels, presumably 2 line ins & 2 usb channels....did I read the description wrong?

Posted Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 11:40 pm
Just wondering if anyone knows if this is going to work with VDJ anytime soon. I see they have the mappings for Tracker now available and just wondering if anyone knows how's VDJ mappers going.

Posted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 7:51 pm
Headphones and mic on the back,

Most people would put there mixer behind it so this would be a bit of a nightmare each n every time, but then theres always something.

Posted Sat 21 Nov 09 @ 3:31 am
Thanks Dev

Will download and test tomorrow but what is the 1% thats missing lol.

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 5:46 pm
The 1% is when you change the LOOP value using the <- -> buttons ... it does not use the set value to execute the loop when you press SHIFT+IN

I am going to move this thread to the Hardware forum once the couple others acknowledge the move :)

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 6:54 pm
mrjmgPRO InfinityMember since 2006
thank you so much for your hard work ill go down load it now!!!!

Posted Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 6:59 pm
mrjmgPRO InfinityMember since 2006
once again thank you so much i installed it and it works... i have to say the controller rocks

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 5:56 am
Thanks Dev

Tested the DP2 and all works which is great apart from that 1% lol.

Have not tested the mic yet through the controller. Do you know if this works through VDJ Dev

Thanks once angain

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 5:42 pm
Do you have to use an external mixer with this unit or can the master output from the built in mixer be assigned to a single pair of outputs which would go to the speakers? It looks like they have the left and right decks with individual stereo outputs that have to go to an external mixer. That kind of kills the whole idea of having a built in mixer on the unit. I can't seem to find a product manual online either to find the answer to my question so if anyone who has a unit could answer my question, i'd appreciate it.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 12:02 am
Hi All

Ok fully tested the DP2 but as suppected the mic does not work through VDJ. The mic does work if you use the software that came with the VDJ.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on this.

Couple of thoughts is that the Mic input needs to be run through a timecode but i have even less of an idea on how to use timecodes. I had a look and got some reaction on the graphs but could not get sound through VDJ.

Is it a window's issue - i don't think so but the mic in the sound settings shows an input on the volume but nothing through the speakers but there is no settings to allowcate the sound through to the speakers. I think this is because both the mic and speaker in sounds are the same name and don't run sepratly.

Any ideas on this mic issue people.

If this could be soved it is a fantastic little mixer and controller.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 11:45 am
Correct .. the Mic output is does not work with VirtualDJ.

We are aware of the limitation and are looking a providing a solution to make this possible in the next version.

@blaide13 ... no you do not need to use with an external mixer. If you use the built-in mixer you would only use the Channel 1 as the Master Output and not use the RCAs on Channel 2.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 3:36 pm
Dev

Is that going to be version 7 or 6.0.6???

Posted Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 7:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I have recently bought the DP2. I think it's a great controller.

Question.
1 . What exactly do those 8 green leds show? The progress (bar) of the song? (the bar of the left deck is reversed)
2. Is there a way to change the behaviour of the Track Select button? I have a small problem. I navigate to folders, i push the track sel and it expands the folder but it also goes to songs. Is there a way to stay to folders and map something else to focus on the songs? I was using DMC2 before i buy the DP2 and boggis had a "trick" to change this.
My solution... I use an external mixer so the Cue buttons are now Load to deck for me. I also assigned the Load buttons to focus folders (left) and songs (right), so the Track Selector is to expand and collapse the folders. Any better ideas?

Posted Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 12:34 pm
It is based on the mapping that I did for the Synq PCM-1, which is almost identical in layout. The 8 LED's above the jogwheel can show elapsed time, remaining time or act as a VU meter. To toggle between elapsed/remain, hold SHIFT and press the PFL button. To toggle VU meter on/off, hold SHIFT and then hold down PFL for 1 sec and release it.

To expand/collapse folders only, try the following: browser_window 'folders' & browser_folder

Posted Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 1:25 pm
jpboggis wrote :
... To toggle between elapsed/remain, hold SHIFT and press the PFL button. To toggle VU meter on/off, hold SHIFT and then hold down PFL for 1 sec and release it.

It doesnt seem to work..maybe i'mdoing something wrong here... PFL..you mean CUE, right ?(the button between Scratch and Jogseek).

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 4:45 pm
Yes, the middle button above the jogwheel - On Synq PCM-1 it's labelled PFL but looking at a picture of the DP2 it is labelled CUE

Holding down the SHIFT button (Bottom left of jogwheel) and clicking it should toggle between elapsed/remaining time bar.

Holding SHIFT and PFL for 1 second or so should toggle it to a VU meter (Doing the same again toggles it back to elapsed/remaining.)

Make sure you press the SHIFT button on the correct side (I.e: Left SHIFT for left deck.) Also, make sure that you release the PFL button first before SHIFT.

NOTE: I don't have a DP2 so can't check it myself. It works on Synq PCM-1

Posted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 5:07 pm
It doesnt work with the DP2. Can anyone else confirm this?

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 8:00 pm
The SHIFT_PFL line was incorrect..

This one works ok
Quote :
<map value="SHIFT_CUE_PFL" action="holding ? toggle &apos;vumeter&apos; & refresh_controller &apos;ADJDP2&apos; : display_time &apos;remain,elapsed&apos; & refresh_controller &apos;ADJDP2&apos;" />

I have confirmed..it's working..

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 10:02 pm
48%