Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtually Confused

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm just sorting through options for vinyl tracking software and I'm a little confused. Couls someone please answer these questions:

Are there really TWO products on the market called Virtual DJ or am I just confused?

Are timecode vinyl discs interchangeable or do you have to use Stanton discs with FS, VDJ discs with VDJ, etc.?

Is there a Mac version of the VDJ software, and, if so, can it read timecode from vinyl?

I know that Pioneer and Technics make turntables that can play both vinyl and files from memory cards. Are these useful for our purposes? How durable are they? Who else has something like that on the market?

Thanks!

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 10:28 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hello x leonard...
about your questions...
Are there really TWO products on the market called Virtual DJ or am I just confused?
yess and no.....one is dead and this one lives..but in the past there was a nother softwhare named virtual-dj studio.

Are timecode vinyl discs interchangeable or do you have to use Stanton discs with FS, VDJ discs with VDJ, etc.?
don't know this one but i would try it if i could....but i think not..

Is there a Mac version of the VDJ software, and, if so, can it read timecode from vinyl?
nop.....no macversion....maybe in the feature, who knows.

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 11:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)