Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New notebook soundcard by Creative with ASIO support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing external soundcard for vdj as i've realised the soundcard thats on the xp10's is pretty shite cos its airy and just isn't loud enuff.

Ideally i don't wanna be using usb for my external sound card because i have only four ports which are all used and i dont wanna get pcmcia slot for more ports.

anyways this soundcard from creative looked impressive at first glance.... link below>

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=204&product=10769&campid=20435

Not sure how you would set it up cos it obviouly doesn't have rca inputs.

Anyone know anything about it?

I'll appreciate anyones comments on what they think of it...

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 4:32 pm
lkaplanPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 5:59 am
Can anyone help out with the word 'airy'?

Since last summer I've been using my XP10s several nights a week doing clubs and mobiles, and i've never had a problem with the sound quality or volume. in fact the output is CD quality and quite loud. while hanging out in the studio spinning tunes, several of my dj cohorts have made the comment that what comes out of the xps sounds better than what comes off vinyl. i don't agree with that (nothing sounds as good as wax), nevertheless the comments have been made.

one thing i noticed when i was using vdj more regularly is that if autogain is on, the volume seemed to just get quieter through the night. not sure if that's been fixed.

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 7:04 pm
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It looks like it works exactly the same as the M-Audio Transit, but plugs into the PC Card slot (and the S/N might not be as good). To plug it into a mixer, just get a 1/8" stereo to Dual RCA cable. They're very easy to find, and as long as you don't get a cheap one, the sound quality should still be good.

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 8:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)