Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Internal database corrupt

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just come across first error message i've seen on vdj. "virtual database corrupt"

wats weird is that all my songs weere still listed in the database except the bpm's. i have lil sibs who randomly use my laptop which are now banned as this is quite alarming. I ended up having to uninstall vdj then reinstalling to get rid of the msg.

Any ideas on how this may have happend?

Oh i am also stumped on how to get the bpms back in. i used mixmeister's bpm analyser then exported that to a txt file and used vdjdatabase updater which kinda worked b4. It only recognised about 1000 songs and put the bpm's for them but i have 15000 songs. I've tried redoing it again and this time it doesnt even add bpm's to any of the songs. it really sux...

Any suggestions that can help?

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 1:58 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do you have a backup of your VDJ database .xml file ?
If yes just delete the corrupted one and copy your backup into your virtualdj directory.

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 3:16 pm

corrupt database message usually only comes when you try to restart Virtual DJ to fast
(the software needs some seconds to rewrite the database after shut down)

If you get this message, the database is most likely intact, just close Virtual DJ, and wait for some seconds before you restart

About the database-updater (from Mixmeister txt file).
It ONLY updates bpm for files that are already scanned by virtual dj!
in other words, it only "corrects" bpm's for files that already have bpm value in the vdj database

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 3:53 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thnx dj in norway... i didnt even know that about the bpm's!

I tried restarting the computer and then restarting vdj but the problem kept happening.... anyhow its a bit late now i've reinstalled vdj.

i'll keep in mind not to restart vdj too fast to avoid any other probs

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 4:23 pm
;)

hopefully it will not happen again :)

you can always make backup of database every now and then, just in case.... :)

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 4:28 pm
preanHome userMember since 2005
hello there, when i open virtual dj a message say's internal database corrupt.it only started to appear when i downloaded the new version of virtual dj(3).but even deleating this i still have the problem.i dont have a backup copy of this program so that i can reinstall.what can i do to bypass this error without deleating the program?

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 8:47 am
internal database corruption can also be in reference to the parameters in the Windows registry for vDJ. For example, if you usually have the home folder on a certain drive and you have swapped drive letters, or if your CD drive letter has changed without notification to vDJ or the location of FX, you can see the corruption message.

WARNING: You should be very careful when working with the Windows registry !

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 2:45 am
hi,i also have the same problem my pc froze and i had to do a cold restart while vdj was playing..
i guess it shut down without saving database,so when i restarted i got the messasge"database corrupt".
can i delete all the files in the database and rescan and import the files all over again...

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 11:55 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
You can rename the file "VirtualDJ DataBase.xml" and open VirtualDJ to create a new file, scan one song and close VDJ. When you close you only have to remove from the corrupted file the last rows to have /song> at the end. Then "copy" the last rows from the new file and "paste" it to the old database ( /VirtualDJ DataBase> at the end). Erase the new database (the one with only one song scaned) and rename the old DataBase to VirtualDJ DataBase.xml

Open again VDJ and it must be ok now!

Posted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 12:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)