Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: untouched pc tweaks for us vista ,windows 7 djs - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

here some tweaks that we should all do

this is for vista and windows 7 only .

lets cool down that video card first with RivaTuner v2.24c to set the gpu's fan to %100
i use this in my gig laptop so it is safe its for both ati and nvidia
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

now that you have installed it

go to the

now under the name of your gpu go to customize

hit the video card button set your fan to %100

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 2:44 pm
this next tweak is only for laptop and pc\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s that have more than one core cpu's

(first before any thing download cpuz http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php)
all this is is cpu info that you need to know for my tweaks

this is my decktop info .take the cpuz exe file out to your decktop

now lets start dj cross+fades pc tweaks for us vista ,windows 7

1. go to start button

find msconfig in the search and click on it .
it looks like this

click on boot

now click on advanced options

now check the box that says number of processors .

i have a dual core so im typing in 2 if you have 3 cores then type 3 if you have 4 then type 4
after that reboot .
this truly enables more core on windows for some reason windows only has one core enabled .

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 3:09 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
That last bit you are changing says number of processors, not number of cores. Even if you have 2,3 or 4 cores you still only have one processor!

Gary

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 3:33 pm
GaryBr wrote :
That last bit you are changing says number of processors, not number of cores. Even if you have 2,3 or 4 cores you still only have one processor!

Gary

windows thinks that when u have a dual core cpu that it is 2 processor. same thing when u have more core's
windows thinks that you have more processor's than one

sry i forgot to say that
i have done this in my gig laptop and it runs abit smother

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 3:42 pm
to add to that i have tested this for 1 year and have no problems

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 3:46 pm
tweak 2:
you need cpuz for this to know your level 2 cache the L2 cache now i have 6144 k on my home pc and on my laptop i have around 3000
(by default windows does not use all your cpu caches this is something that ever program uses .

before the tweak i have to add that i have tested this tweak for 6 months works great it will speed your pc up abit .
(make sure to have cpuz open

step 1:go to the start button

step 2: type in regedit.exe in the search
step 3 : click on regedit.exe
go to Hkey_local_machine\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet \\Control\\Session Manager\\Memory Management\\

once there do not do the first tweaks shown in this pick
it slows your pc down i have tryed it moving on to the SecondLevelDataCache click on it .

hit the modify button .

check the decimal box now type in your cache
mine

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 4:17 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I understand what you are saying, but even if windows thinks there is more than one processor, there isn't so its impossible for it to make any difference, and thats why it won't have given you any trouble over the last year because its not doing anything. I checked this out a while back and it really won't make any difference.

Gary

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 4:18 pm
your will say something else if you dont have a e8400 intell core 2 duo

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 4:18 pm
GaryBr wrote :
I understand what you are saying, but even if windows thinks there is more than one processor, there isn\'t so its impossible for it to make any difference, and thats why it won\'t have given you any trouble over the last year because its not doing anything. I checked this out a while back and it really won\'t make any difference.

Gary

i know there isn't but windows is dumb so if u have a dual core windows thinks u have 2 cpu's
what your doing here is tricking windows in to using all cores
to add to that if you have not tried it then you wont know
:) im just trying to help out my djs here
some mixvibes djs have done this and they said it helped

i do custom pc's i have to clean mind out today i will post a pic

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 4:37 pm
GaryBr wrote :
I understand what you are saying, but even if windows thinks there is more than one processor, there isn't so its impossible for it to make any difference, and thats why it won't have given you any trouble over the last year because its not doing anything. I checked this out a while back and it really won't make any difference.

Gary

in no way am i trying to be rude im going to clean this up even more but seeing on how its just my own pc i dont care as much

this is all water cooled it gets way to hot in my room so much so that my older pc would shut down from heat .

back to the tips

i will put more

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 5:15 pm
tweak 3
this one is a must and most djs dont do it
make vista and windows 7 look like xp
so it uses less ram

go to start button Control Panel switch to classic view
now go to System it looks like this

go to advanced system settings

under performance

click on settings

and check the box i checked

now you will see that vista and windows 7 uses less ram and leave more ram for video mixxing

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 5:29 pm
TWEAK 4: go to start in the search type services click on it

disable the flowing ram hogs

security center disable

windows defender disable

windows firewall disable
themes disable

windows updates disable (i enable it once a week to check for updates)

to add to this if your doing gigs with your laptop you dont need this on then

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 5:50 pm

sorry?

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 7:41 pm
SilentOneLove wrote :

sorry?

ya i mean security center
windows defender

windows firewall
themes

they take up alot of ram

and should not be on with you gigging pc

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 8:04 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
to much tweeking of any system can be bad no matter what your running, first off if your new to vista uninstall norton, if you go onto the internet replace with something that is less of a hog. + disable your uac.

disable all those crappy screen pop ups', you know the ones i mean, system asking you to do this and that.

before a gig along the task bar there are one or two things you should exit from, you'll see them and no explanation is needed, but other than that you should be good to go.

windows 7, why do anything with it, it's the gem between xp and vista and i haven't needed to do anything with it on my desk top, haven't replaced vista on the lappy because it runs well as it is, video's, audio and karaoke [when needed].

do nothing else until you have a problem, then delete or disable one by one otherwise you can make more problems than you are curing.

never listen to well intentioned good advice... except mine, lol.

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 8:20 pm
tayla wrote :
to much tweeking of any system can be bad no matter what your running, first off if your new to vista uninstall norton, if you go onto the internet replace with something that is less of a hog. + disable your uac.

disable all those crappy screen pop ups', you know the ones i mean, system asking you to do this and that.

before a gig along the task bar there are one or two things you should exit from, you'll see them and no explanation is needed, but other than that you should be good to go.

windows 7, why do anything with it, it's the gem between xp and vista and i haven't needed to do anything with it on my desk top, haven't replaced vista on the lappy because it runs well as it is, video's, audio and karaoke [when needed].

do nothing else until you have a problem, then delete or disable one by one otherwise you can make more problems than you are curing.

never listen to well intentioned good advice... except mine, lol.

lol

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 8:43 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
T Hee

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 8:46 pm
Im gonna be honest here, with a clean install of Vista not much is needed to be tweaked. I ran into a mess of issues when I started "Tweaking". BE CAUTIOUS!!!!!!!! If u have no issues, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 8:57 pm
ya i know this is all im doing seams like much but its not
its all you need to do .

i tried every tweak hear one at a time .

then ran a nice bench mark

even made my frame rates go up alil

witch is good seeing how i play games on both my laptop and pc
hawks :) you got to love it

as for RivaTuner its not a tweak its a program that lets you turn your gpu fan up that's all

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 9:23 pm
i have done a wedding with the tweaks you see hear with vdj

i played for 9 hours with no problems .

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 9:27 pm
59%