Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Some pause's when crossfadeing?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guy's. Just a quick question.
When i'm mixing i somtimes get a couple of little pauses when the track ive just played stops. i'm running the program on my laptop. its a Toshiba A70. With a Pentium 4 processor running at 3.3 ghz. it has 512 mb hard disc memory. is this fast enough?? Is there any settings i can change so that the program runs smoother? Im still deciding on weather or not to buy the full version. if i do, does it just download the extra features and add them to the demo version?
Thanx.William

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 12:07 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
For better results, scan your song before but your computer is perfect maybe in memory as i think it's shared with graphic card so be carefull. I know a little Toshiba and i believe there is 256MB on motherboard and 256MB in extension (in more) so try to get 512MB or 1GB in extention to get the full performance :-)
I set 128 GB in memory for my graphic card too but 64GB is enough

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 12:35 pm
Thanks djcel. I will maybe have to look in to buying more memory. i was thinking that might be the problem.

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 12:41 pm
CPU usage spikes are common when some songs end, can we have a seperate process thread for playing the actual audio please as prioritising the workload from within VDJ obv does work as it is quite common for things like loading a long song moving teh EQ faders too fast too often to take precedence over the actual playing of music and cause the song to skip. having the song play continuously without interuption is more important than having the faders etc 100% live

anyone else feel the same way?

Posted Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 3:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)