Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: dac-2 / dmc-1 mapper plugin update - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

danielsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm about to update the mapper plugin. I have added the possibility to search for a file with the controller. Any other ideas what could be added/improved?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 7:25 pm
KayleHome userMember since 2003
Daniels a long time ago I aske you to post the source code too (of course for exp. members only), can you do it ? I want to test some improvements based on your code ;)

Thx

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 7:28 pm
Sorry, I have forgotten to do that. I will release the source with the new update. Would you mind telling me what you would like to improve?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 7:42 pm
KayleHome userMember since 2003
Well I'd like to test some things with both DMC1 and TCV, I'm not really sure but I'll try ;)

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 7:50 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Upload it in the source code part of this website ;-)

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 9:06 pm
Daniel,

What do you think about using the shift button, + or - button, and outer wheel at the same time to beat shift a loop instead of just the + and - buttons and outer wheel? Or maybe another combo?

The problem right now is that when playing a loop live, you have to press the plus or minus keys along with the outer wheel perfectly or else you end up extending the loop or forwarding the song with the outer wheel which takes the song out of loop mode altogether. Thanks.

Killabee44

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 3:42 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
remove the auto beat lock

add track to playlist (as soon as vdj is fixed)

make pitch sliders work at finer resoultion

shift + pitch slider = volume

exit search on jog move

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 8:38 am
where can i dl this plug-in?

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 6:57 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
At the top of this window, you can read:

"We remind you that effect plugins are downloadable by full version users only."

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 8:31 pm
I like the idea of being able to search with jog...but it doesnt really work for me as it stood before.

Daniels, I know what I'm about to askis probably a lot of work and maybe impossible...I too was interested in source as I posted before because there are things I would rather not have just now...Is it possible to have a config file for the mapper.
IE: so I could turn of the search by JOG - I don't like having to "play-pause" to be able to be able to CUE a file. I really wish there was an easy way to enable, disable it, like a button on the skins perhaps.

I'm thinking of maybe designing my own controller we could have manufactured because DAC-2 is really missing buttons I think would make it so much easier to use.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 3:05 am
With searching for a file i meant alpha-numeric searches in the database. So you select letters with the jog and initiate a database search with another button (and leave your keyboard where it is :)). Might be just a gimmick but test it for yourself..

@Killabee44

I will change the loop shift behaviour to the old combo (Shift & +/- & wheel).

@Cyderhouse

What do you mean with "auto beat lock"? Unfortunately the resolution of the pitch slider cannot be improved. Using the pitch slider as a volume control would be cool but the dead zone around +/-0 wouldn't let it behave like a real volume slider. What exactly do you mean with "exit search on jog move"?

@DJ Ross M

I will post the sources with the updated plugin. I guess having a separate config file would be too much of a performace hit, though technically that would be possible. Unfortunately custom interaction between the plugin and a skin isn't possible at the moment. The only way would be through an effect plugin, but such a plugin doesn't have a custom user interface in the 'main' skin either. I'm not 100% happy with the current search/archive behaviour too, so i am thinking how this could be improved.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 9:35 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@daniels

Why would a config file be a performance impact?
I mean if you supplied an old fashion .ini or use an .xml file
and give us the defaults with instruction on what values to change
each configuration option then that would satisfy, I think; alot of the
requests so far.

My one example is the loop shift behavior. I personally like the current
behavior and with a configuration file then Killabee44 could set a value
that would allow him to use the old behavior.

Just a thought, BTW; thanks for all your work.

cstoll

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 1:45 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It was my idea too to create an xml file for the plugin using the same style as in the skin but with the possiblity to make little macro. Just need time because i don't know working with the xml for the moment
@daniels
I know macourteau included a class for reading/writting xml in the plugin LoopOut. If you need infos, get my msn messenger mail in my blog. Maybe we can work together.

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 12:54 pm
Daniels,

Thanks for changing the beat shift :^). That will allow us to be a lot more creative.

Killabee44

Posted Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 5:38 am
one thing i've found to be a problem is if you click on the search (to type something in), then you are suck there untill you click in the browser. I have to reach for my mouse all the time for this.

Posted Sun 24 Apr 05 @ 6:15 am
There is a way to enter, input and exit search with the upcoming update.

Posted Sun 24 Apr 05 @ 10:44 pm
Daniels

the new update has a lot more features :) time to look into an update...

Posted Fri 06 May 05 @ 11:57 pm
@devteam:
What's new ? Will the dev team add the possibility to light up two resting leds,
so Daniel can release newer version of this amazing plugin.

@Daniel:
- Is it possible to also have blinking tempo led like without loading your plugin ?
- Probably have possibility to toggle between vu meter and progress bar
- did you consider probably having one button cycling between different modes ?
- configurable "match" so it will not "beatlock" but sync as the arrow button on the default skin

Just some suggestions, I can't wait for the weekend to begin .... oh I meant for a new release :-)

Posted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 8:29 pm
I have an orginal dmc-1 and use a serial to usb convertor to connect it to my laptop, but vdj won't see my dmc-1,i did get a few things to work but when i go into the cong to let vdj detec the dmc-1 it's not detecing it,anyone can help

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 11:12 pm
PANOSVPRO InfinityMember since 2007
from the windows device manager you should check in which port the converter assigns serial, then you should change the port number in a value>5 .after this you open vdj and in the remote tab you define the above port number.---you make a restart of windows and then the vdj identifies it ..note! sometimes the red mark in the controller tab does not get green but the controller works fine.
Unless you keep the same usb for pluging the dmc everytime that you open the pc , you will have to do the same actions.
Note: in order to work you should have the 2.1.1.5 firmware of gizmolabs installed and 2.2 midi driver also installed! good luck

Posted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 12:34 am
91%