Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Other programs that are useful with Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use mixmeister to get BPM's as I find the Virtual DJ bpm engine not so accurate with RnB etc and also for obtaining the key of music.

I found Power WMA MP3 Converter is an excellent program as well as for renaming track names and converting wma files to mp3.

At the moment I'm looking to find programs which are good at finding duplicate songs, creating id tags from filenames and vice versa. And also a program which can extract bpm's and input them into vdj...

Are there any programs which anyone recommends that they use to accompany vdj?

Posted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 4:43 am
For extracting BPM's from mixmeister, use the free app from the mixmeister website that will save it to a TXT file, then use the Virtual DJ database updater available at plugin downloads here.
(but I have to say that the new bpm engine for VDJ works as good as mixmeister for even hiphop... did you try BOTH engines in VDJ setting?)

There are many good free programs that will add id tags from filename and visa versa .....
search google, and u will see :)

Posted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 4:47 am
fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi.
I've found a soft to rename tracks wich is exelent, It's all-in-one MP3 organizer for searching and cataloguing Mp3 files into Mp3 library, editing ID3v1 and ID3v2.3 tags (ID3 Tag Editor) converting audio CD to MP3 and WAV format (CD Ripper) using CDDB (Internet Compact Disc Database), with support for ID3v1 and ID3v2.3 tags, Normalizing your Mp3,s (Mp3 Normalizer, mp3 gain), converting Waw to Mp3 files and Mp3 to Wav files (Wav/Mp3 Converter), managing M3u playlists (Playlist manager), renaming files using ID3 tags (Mp3 Renamer), searching for duplicate Mp3 files, listening Mp3's using your favorite Mp3 player. Is a great tool for organizing, creating, editing Mp3 ID3 tags and keeping your Mp3 files well organized.
You can find and try it here: http://www.zortam.com/download.html

Posted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 5:46 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
audiograbber

mp3tagstudio

mp3gain

to name a few

Posted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 6:26 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i didnt even realise you could do that!... thanks norway

thanks guys... im gonna be d/l a bunch of shareware and testing all the software!

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 3:24 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
My Toolkit:

1. Mp3trim (trim and gain without re-encode)
2. Mediamonkey (best mp3 organiser i've tried, dont miss it..)
3. Tag & Rename
3. Audiograbber

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 3:43 am
To manage your duplicate Mp3s, use MP3 Filter from www.hardcoded.net !
AudioGrabber is simply the best to get all your audio sources to MP3.
Mixmeister BPM counter as mentioned before for double checking vDJ's BPM calcs.

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 5:03 am
Audiocatalyst based on audiograbber (SAME AUTHOR) is best coverter to get ur tracks to mp3 it uses the xing encoding. i.e. 5 min song takes 20 secs to encode to mp3 even on the fly encoding even at 320k/s VBR!

force aspi 4.3 this forces win xp to load the aspi layer so u can use audiocatalyst ripping from cd!

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 7:20 am
Use-MP3 Gain - Normalizing function plus a better algathyme, also scans files for clipping
ID3-TagIT 3 - Handles all files quickly, has unique features and is free.
PCDJ - As a Referance for BPM Extraction
Emule & Ares - P2P Just make Sure you have copyright Clearance if downloading Music (keep it Legal!)
Razorlame/Lame - Mp3 Wav, wav mp3 conversions, ripping ete (Using 256 CBR for everything)
Adobe Audition - Tidying up files, trimming start stop points, modifying dynamic range

Posted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 9:40 pm
fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have tried many programs to convert music to mp3 but for me the best and faster converter is Real One player (plus edition)
And to create your own samples, add effects, and a lot of features "AVS Audio Utilities 2.4" is very useful

greetings
Fremdj
New York

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 5:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)