Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Unicode support issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Since VirtualDJ supports Unicode i tried a few things with filenames in Greek character set (Unicode) and i had a few problems.

1. I have spent a few hours listening to new songs and creating a playlist. At the end, i saved it with a name in Greek letters. Then i tried to open my playlist and unfortunately i realised that all filenames in Greek (also those with greek path) were missing !!!
Then i tried the History, i chose the date and all the greek filenames were displayed in format #TIME xx:xx. Loading them i got an error.!

2. The samples that have greek letters in the filename or in the path , can not be loaded on the Sample Window also.

Can we fix this?

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 7:32 pm
I hate it when i do this, but i need an answer. Is it something that it will be fixed?

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 8:37 pm
Did you try changing settings in Windows CONTROL PANEL: REGIONAL AND LANGUAGE SETTINGS? Change language and format to Greek. Change location to Greece. In Advansed tab choose Greek for non-unicode programs text support. Reboot.

This may not solve all problems but would be a step to make your files work in VDJ.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 11:31 pm
thanks for the reply, but these are allready set. The strange is that all my Greek files are listed normally in the browser window, and the search functions properly.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 10:10 am
Certainly Sir..thank you !

Posted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 5:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)