Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Virtual DJ Plugin for newbies - How to - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
SDK VirtualDJ v5.x

You need 2 or 3 files:
* VdjPlugin.h with all the basic functions to "talk" with Virtual DJ (it's what we call the SDK)
* Maybe one more .h to add new and specialized functions to the SDK (audio, video, controller,...) [this .h depends of VdjPlugin.h]
* .cpp your plugin using functions of the .h and actions of Virtual DJ

With these 2 or 3 files, you just need to use the action of the .h
SendCommand(What,Deck); to send a real-time string command What (actions=keyboard shortcuts) to VDJ on the deck Deck

You need also to understand the keyboard shortcuts as in the plugins it's the same thing

And to send command, the functions <b>wsprint</b>() [or <b>sprintf</b>() from the external library stdio.h (use #include) ]

Simple example: First plugin to do at the beginning: one slider to move the main crossfader on the skin. It's easy but it enables you to be sure of what you believe to understand

If you succeed try other action and buttons
Then, you can add the function in the .h :
GetInfo(What, &In); to make queries What (from parameters list) from VDJ
[see forum or GetInfo.dll to have the list]

Posted Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 3:47 am
If you don't have Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003, i advise you Dev-C++, it's a free c++ compilator and you can DOWNLOAD HERE

If you want to use Visual C++ 2005 Express, follow these: instructions

Posted Sat 11 Jun 05 @ 4:52 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
When you use Dev-c++, you must first create a new project, choose a name for the project and also choose DLL, or else it won't compile as a .exe which won't work with VDJ.

First correct the file vdjdsp2.h to avoid the problem with enum:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/40237/Plugins/To_write_plugin_with_Dev-C____.html?page=1

Then you must write your plugin and finally compile it by clicking on the logo that has four squares in different colors.

Hopefully if you don't have any errors while compiling, you will have a new plugin to use with VirtualDJ

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 12:18 am
Just some advices about compilators [IN FRENCH]:
Si vous cherchez un compilateur C & C++ ou des infos sur tout ce qui se fait, lisez ceci en français:
http://c.developpez.com/compilateurs/

Posted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 4:57 pm
Don't spose we could have a step by step guide to plugin creation. I have access to Visual Studio 2003, but aside from loading the .CPP a .H files I'm completly confuesd. I just want to modify the DAC2 default mapper file then create a .DLL file that suits virtual DJ?

I'm not fluent in C++, but do pick this kind of programming up easly if pointed in the right direction.

Posted Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 10:36 am

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 12:56 am
I had a look at that, but does it build mappers for controllers though? Think I really need a VS Tutorial!

Posted Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 11:20 am
adrianh wrote :
Hi All

In order to use the wizard in VS2005, all you need to do is the following:

1) Install wizard (VdjDspWizard.exe) as per normal.

2) Copy the "vdjdspwizard" directory under ".\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\VCWizards" to your VS2005 installation directory, which by default is ".\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCWizards".

3) Copy the "VirtualDJ" directory under ".\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\VCProjects" to your VS2005 installation directory, which by default is ".Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCProjects".

4) Edit the "vdjdspwizard.vsz" file located in ".\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCProjects\VirtualDJ" and replace this line

Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.7.1

with this line

Wizard=VsWizard.VsWizardEngine.8.0

5) Should work (holding thumbs), because mine did!

Yes it works

Posted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 9:27 pm
This is a full wizard? I installed that wizard, it asked me one window, IE don't process audio, do process audio, what type of interface, then that was that, right into the virtual studio manual window. Even though i clicked NO AUDIO, and NO INTERFACE, it still gave me buttons, and started dumping debugs in the EFFECTS folder!?

Where do you start the wizard from??

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 9:35 am
With the VdjDspWizard.exe, the DEBUG mode automatically sends the files in the virtualdj folder. It's better to debug his plugin ;-)
(if you enable the debug mode F5,it will launch VirtualDJ in addition)

If you change to RELEASE mode (final compilation), the output folder is created locally and not in VirtualDJ folders.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 5:36 pm
Can someone please be update this information for version 4 and also for us newbies who haven't a clue on how to do this...

hold my hand and guide me through the process if you must...

I want to learn...

so I don't have to bug you guys on what I would love to make for a plug-in.. (mainly video transitions)

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 10:43 am
FJMSoftHome userMember since 2006
Can I make a plugin using delphi?

Posted Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 12:21 am
FJMSoft wrote :
Can I make a plugin using delphi?

As it uses COM, i guess yes but i don't know how (i don't know delphi)

Posted Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 3:49 pm
SobyHome userMember since 2006
Must be delphi for v. 4?

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 12:27 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Soby wrote :
Must be delphi for v. 4?

no , can be C+

aslo

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 4:39 pm
Ok so how do you right the plugin in the dev-c=++ also can you edit plugins that already been made on that dev program?

Posted Thu 29 Jan 09 @ 1:23 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You will need some C++ skills to start with, and you can only modify existing plugins if the authors will provide you with their source code.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 09 @ 2:35 pm
so how do you learn i tell you if i learn then virtual dj will have some kick ass effects

Posted Mon 02 Feb 09 @ 2:39 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What programming experience do you have?

You'll probably also be wanting a registered copy of Virtual DJ so you can get access to the existing plugins, source code, assistance and so forth.

Posted Mon 02 Feb 09 @ 2:57 pm
Do you have a plugin wizard for C#?

Or some info on how I can create a plugin from within C#?

Thanks,

Stu

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 11:48 am
53%