Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 38

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 2:13 pm
hi guys, i have a huge problem! i have a hercules rmx controller , a stanton t-52 turntable and a serato scratch live timecode vinyl and i am running all that staff with virtual dj pro ( on my friends account). everything works perfectly , but when i start or stop a track it comes ou a noise pretty much like the brake effect,can someone help me make the turntable behave like a midi controller ??

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 1:24 pm
tony2225 wrote :
virtual dj pro ( on my friends account)

That is illegal and a violation of the End User License Agreement unless you are using it on a computer that actually belongs to your friend and they are not using it as the same time as you. Sharing VirtualDJ serial numbers is not permitted.

Please support the software and its future development by purchasing your own license for it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - The VMS4 VirtualDJ LE registered to your profile entitles you to a significant discount.

The 'brake' effect you are getting is simply the time it takes for the motor of the vinyl turntable to spin up to normal speed or come to a stop. This is normal for vinyl turntables. You just need to learn how to mix on vinyl, i.e: Start the turntable and then touch the record lightly to stop it. When you let go, it should start playing instantly, providing you have decent turntables with sufficient torque.

If you want instant start/stop then you will need to either use a CD player (E.g: Pioneer CDJ) or a MIDI controller (MIDI controller is recommended because this interfaces directly with the software (No timecode neded) and can be custom mapped to control any function of your choice in the software.)

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 1:46 pm
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm working on mapping for a 4 deck setup. I'm trying to control 1&2 on my steel and 3&4 on another midi controller. The problem I'm having is wtih my mapping of my pfls and active left/right decks. The 2 pfl buttons on the steel act as one button and are mapped to "select". What i want to do is have the steel pfls only toggle and control 1&2 and my other controller 3&4 but my steel still controls whatever deck is the active right or left. I cannot map the pfl buttons on the steel separately so i need help with some script or other advice please.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 12 @ 12:53 pm
Hello
I have the Hercules dj console RMX I'm having trouble identfying witch drivers I have installed for the control to work proparly can someone help me

Posted Sat 17 Mar 12 @ 2:08 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Mon 19 Mar 12 @ 7:22 am
Just bought the Hercules 4-MX 4-Deck Pro DJ Midi Controller and I use VDJ Pro 7. I cannot get the microphone to work.

Under sound setup I use
None
Headphones Channels 1/2
MX Controller as my sound card

Everything works fine except for the microphone. If I switch the top one to microphone it will work but with extreme static

Any suggestions?

Posted Wed 28 Mar 12 @ 9:17 pm
If you want to use the microphone, you will have to select it as Input.

Now regarding static, there could be a lot of reasons for it:

1 - On the hardware side of things, do you have a way to verify the microphone and cable with something else to make sure it works properly ?

2 - Regarding your computer: is it optimized for audio applications ?

The following will give you some ideas of what can be done:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

3- The soundcard configuration

With VDJ closed, go to the DJ control panel (near the clock) and switch to ASIO audio mode. This will allow you to modify the settings in the ASIO tab.

The default buffer size is set to 480 (10ms). This is an all around good number to start with, but it may not be appropriate for your specific configuration. Raise or lower the ASIO Buffer Size, then try VDJ for a while, and if you find that the problem disappear or gets worst, then repeat until you find the correct setting for your computer.

Posted Thu 29 Mar 12 @ 6:26 am
Ok thanks for your help. I have a few more questions and slight issues.

I did change all the settings on my computer as the list suggested. The last item about disabled user account control said never notify instead of disable. I guess that is correct

The microphone has a nice flat sound when I turn the system on. When I boot up VD7 the microphone has a slight echo reverb to it which can be a little annoying to the person speaking because of the slight delay. Is there a way to fix this?

Here a few issues I have when I click on the control panel for the mixer that has the settings under Audio Mode:

Before I boot up VJ7 the radio button is on Asio and 7 bits. After booting up VJ7 it switches to WDM which I guess stands for Windows Media.
I can't seem to change the settings anymore.

Even after I close out VJ7 it will go back to Asio setting with the radio button but I cannot change it. At one time I did change it to 768 (17ms) and it stayed there but I am not having any luck changing anything.

Thanks again for your kind assistance on resolving my issues.

Posted Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 1:25 pm
djdaveholmes wrote :

The microphone has a nice flat sound when I turn the system on. When I boot up VD7 the microphone has a slight echo reverb to it which can be a little annoying to the person speaking because of the slight delay. Is there a way to fix this?

In the DJ Control panel, for Output 1-2 Hardware Mix options, be sure that USB Streaming 1-2 (Default) is selected.

Quote :
Here a few issues I have when I click on the control panel for the mixer that has the settings under Audio Mode:

Before I boot up VJ7 the radio button is on Asio and 7 bits. After booting up VJ7 it switches to WDM which I guess stands for Windows Media.
I can't seem to change the settings anymore.

Even after I close out VJ7 it will go back to Asio setting with the radio button but I cannot change it. At one time I did change it to 768 (17ms) and it stayed there but I am not having any luck changing anything.

Without getting too technical:

- WDM (short for Windows driver model) is what we can call the standard mode all soundcards are using normally for playing music, movies and the likes.

- ASIO is an optimized mode created to obtain better performances when using audio creation applications such as sequencers, samplers and of course DJ softwares.

The reason you have this options in the control panel is for convenience for people that might want to use their console as soundcard for watching movies and such.

Now as for Virtual DJ. In order to be accessible to everyone, it can work in both WDM and ASIO. And as it is bundled with the console, they have implemented a few tricks specifically for the 4-Mx that can be a little confusing:

a) If in the VDJ audio configuration you have the following configuration:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone

-Soundcard: DJ Console 4-Mx

You will notice in the DJ control panel that it will operate in WDM

b) If however you select the following configuration:

- Input : Microphone Or Line In

- Output(s): Headphone

-Soundcard: DJ Console 4-Mx

The ASIO will be selected, and the DJ Control panel should switch from one mode to the other upon launching (WDM to ASIO) and closing (ASIO to WDM).

As this is the mode you want to use, if you want to modify the buffer size:

- Before launching VDJ , switch to ASIO

- In the ASIO tab, modify the buffer size (note that VDJ will always revert changes made to Sample rate and Sample Size to 44Khz/ 16 Bit)

- Once done, switch back to WDM

- Launch VDJ

Hope that helps

Posted Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 3:02 pm
I had figured out about the sound setting to put it to microphone - headphones - dj console 4-Mx just to get the mic to work.

I am still having problems with the switching the radio buttons. It does not work. The sample section is greyed out on both main and advanced. When I boot it up the system it defaults to ASIO and as soon as I launch VJ7 it reverts to WDM and I cannot change it. Do you think because I changed that one setting to 768 it will not revert back to ASIO.

I am thinking about deleting the software for the controller and reinstalling it.

BTW what should be the protocol be for starting up. Booting up the computer before I plug in the controller in the USB or plug it in first and then boot up the computer. I have always plugged it in first and then booted it up and closing it down shutting down the computer and then unplugging it.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Posted Fri 30 Mar 12 @ 6:01 pm
Lets go back a minute here.

When VDJ is NOT launched, can you manually switch between WDM and ASIO in the DJ Control Panel ?

If not, then it might indeed be a good idea to uninstall ans reinstall the latest driver (2011.HDJS.7) available on the support site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=263&cid=1

As for your other question, there shouldn't normally be any differences connecting before or after boot up, but we've seen some cases where it was necessary to connect the console after the computer had boot up as not enough power was provided during the initialization phase to make the device work correctly.

Posted Mon 02 Apr 12 @ 6:20 am
Ok. I uninstalled the drivers and installed the new drivers with the link you sent. First I realized I wasn't getting the download because I wasn't logged in. I could not login because I was using VJ user name and password. Realizing I had to register to the Hercules site and finally logged in and downloaded the new drivers. It is still doing the same thing. When VJ7 is not launched it defaults to ASIO (radio button) and as soon as I launch VJ7 it switches to WDM so I am not sure if I am getting the best sound possible. I cannot switch them at any time before or after VJ7 is launched.

The mic still has a little delay in it but everything else works as expected. I just bought this controller and owned the RMX prior which encountered some problems. I actually own 2 of those and know another dj who owns one and there is a problem with all of them with the mic input. It makes a horrible noise so I would plug my mics directly into my bose system. The mic input works fine on this new controller so that is good except for the little reverb that seems to come with it after launching VJ7.

If you have any other suggestions let me know. I do appreciate all your help. At least I now feel like I can troubleshoot a little if I have a problem.

Thanks

Posted Mon 02 Apr 12 @ 2:00 pm
You didn't need to register to the hercules support site to download the drivers, but that is another subject....

I don't know if you are familliar with Widnows registry Editor, but let's try something:

- Disconnect the 4-Mx from the computer

- From the Start menu, from the seach field, type REGEDIT

- Navigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HDJAsiok\Parameters

Under Parameters, there could be a few elements. Delete all of them EXCEPT the one called WDF

- Once done, close the registry editor, and reconnect the 4-Mx.

Normally, the DJ control panel should display the Audio Mode to WDM. If this is the case, try changing to ASIO and back again a few times.

Is this working properly ?

Posted Tue 03 Apr 12 @ 11:01 am
I packed everything up for the next few jobs. As soon as I get a chance I will try it.

Thanks for your help

Dave

Posted Tue 03 Apr 12 @ 3:09 pm
i just got my hercules mk4 and installed the virtual dj version included...and everytime i go to cofigurations tab it comes a pop up asking me if want the pro version for the trial period of 20 days.... i heated ok to upgrade it and nothing happens.....also i want to configure some of the sound settings i only get the pop up.....please help step by step....

Posted Sun 15 Apr 12 @ 1:34 pm
@ Giannio12

The included LE version (for Limited) doesn't offer a configuration menu as it is preconfigured to work only with the controller it came with (in this case the MK4).

If you wish to get more out of VDJ, you would need to purchase the Pro Full version. Furtunately, having the LE version allows you a rebate:

http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Mon 16 Apr 12 @ 6:40 am
PhiDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey guys, i don't know what's wrong with my RMX but i can't figure out how to make the sources 1 and 2 works. Tried to plugged-in a MP3 player but mo to avail.

- Had already installed latest driver from hercules - RMX-Driver-2011_HDJS_7

- Audio mode is set to ASIO

- Selected From the advance TAB - USB Streaming 1-2 _ Line1-2

- Also, there was no response when i press the source buttons. no light indicator.

I'm on win7.

Grateful for any assistance guys.

Gab

Posted Sat 21 Apr 12 @ 2:39 am
If you have customised the mapping in an earlier version of the software, then the mapping may be wrong - Please check in CONFIG -> Mappers that it is mapped to the following:

get hastimecode ? timecode_bypass : get haslinein ? linein : nothing

Make sure that you have also choosen Inputs: Line-Ins in CONFIG -> Sound Setup.

Posted Sat 21 Apr 12 @ 12:38 pm
PhiDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
it works! thanks a lot.

Posted Sat 21 Apr 12 @ 11:55 pm
88%