Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 33

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hercules Mapper Pack v1.8

Download -> http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8336/Hercules_Mapper_Pack.html

I made some changes to the default mapper for Virtual DJ v7.0+ with Hercules HDJC(MK1) - MK2 - MP3 - MP3 e2 - MK4 - Steel - RMX- DJ 4Set & 4-Mx.

The ZIP pack mappers that you have downloaded it to unzipped and copy/overwrite in the path:
PC -> C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers
MAC -> Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers
(do it with Virtual DJ closed)

v1.8
- Ability to change the parameter 1 and 2 of effect active, when an audio effect is active the rotation of the left Jog change the parameter 1 and right Jog change the parameter 2 (similar to Pioneer CDJs), when effect turn back off to the Jog function coming back to Pitch Bend / Scratch.
Old mapper action was "effect active ? param_multiply 300% & effect slider 1 : jog_wheel", if you don't like new 2 Jogs way to control effect you can past the old one in VDJ mapper page.

In the Hercules 4-Mx when an audio effect is active the rotation of the Jog change the parameter 1 and the Ctrl knob change the parameter 2 (similar to Pioneer CDJs), when effect turn back off to the Jog function coming back to Pitch Bend / Scratch and the Ctrl knob change the Filter.
To reset the filter push Shift.

In the Hercules Steel the effects parameter 1 and 2 can be changed with the two top left knobs, when the "Applt Ctrl. On" Led it's ON it indicate if knobs works for Deck A or B, in Select mode the two knobs it apply the filter of DecK A and B.

- Ability to scroll fast within the track with Jog, just press the |< or >| button and rotate the Jog.

- Pitch bend make short seek when track is in pause

- Ability to make "browsing" of the tracks with jogs, simply hold the "Cue Select" or "Up" or "Down" buttons on the deck and rotate the Jog. (No Hercules MK2). Note: that only works on one deck/jog at one time.

- Hold on the load button for more than half a second to unload the track from the deck.

- Fx and Loop leds blink when Fx or Loop are activated into Hercules MP3, MK2 and HDJC(MK1).

- Added blink on Play/Pause buttons when the song is paused (No Hercules Steel because it have the Stop led).

- Advance configuration of the 6 + 6 (shift mode) buttons in 4-Mx, RMX and Steel to use FX, Loop and 6 Hot Cues.

BUTTON1 -> loop_button
BUTTON2 -> effect active
BUTTON3 -> effect select +1
BUTTON4 -> loop_double
BUTTON5 -> loop
BUTTON6 -> loop_half
BUTTON7 -> holding ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1
BUTTON8 -> holding ? delete_cue 2 : hot_cue 2
BUTTON9 -> holding ? delete_cue 3 : hot_cue 3
BUTTON10 -> holding ? delete_cue 4 : hot_cue 4
BUTTON11 -> holding ? delete_cue 5 : hot_cue 5
BUTTON12 -> holding ? delete_cue 6 : hot_cue 6

In the RMX the Source button is used like a shift, Hold on it for more than half a second to enable/disable Timecode_bypass.

- Advance configuration of the 3 + 3 (shift mode) buttons in DJ 4Set to use FX, Loop and 3 Hot Cues.

BUTTON1 -> loop_button
BUTTON2 -> effect active
BUTTON3 -> effect select +1
BUTTON4 -> holding ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1
BUTTON5 -> holding ? delete_cue 2 : hot_cue 2
BUTTON6 -> holding ? delete_cue 3 : hot_cue 3
MODULATE- -> loop_half
MODULATE+ -> loop_double

- Advance configuration of the 4 + 4 (shift mode) buttons in MK4 and MP3 e2 to use FX, Loop and one sample.

BUTTON1 -> loop_half
BUTTON2 -> loop_double
BUTTON3 -> loop
BUTTON4 -> sampler play_stop
BUTTON5 -> effect select -1
BUTTON6 -> effect select +1
BUTTON7 -> effect active
BUTTON8 -> sampler rec

Note: Loop under 1/8 or bigger then 32 don't work with actions loop_half & double, if you don't want this limitation change "loop_half" to "loop_length 50%" and "loop_double" to "loop_length 200%".

To download latest Hercules driver go here -> http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=files_faq

Posted Sat 18 Jun 11 @ 4:26 am
BangysHome userMember since 2011
Hello....i have problem...I have dj console mk4...and all is ready but,when i connect console....Not light,but in windows is all good...after chek asio drivers al ok,ad when program checking the cosole...have problem with firmware... Firmware is still lower.... What i can do ? please......help..Thanks

Posted Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 4:23 pm
Hey guys, just bought a returned/used Hercules RMX from Guitar Center. No driver disc. I'm trying to install it onto my laptop with the drivers at ts.hercules.com but to no avail. Also tried the manual firmware update, didn't work either.

My laptop is the Asus G53jW.

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU Type
Intel Core i7 740QM(1.73GHz)
Memory Size
6GB DDR3
Hard Disk
750GB
Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
Video Memory
1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM

My laptop beasts any PC game or application I can throw at it, I'm certain it's not the technical specs. I've only had this laptop about 5 months, so it's relatively new and clean. After install attempt the installer says successful, RMX is still blinking, and the Hercules Control Panel is exed out. The RMX never shows up in the Device Manager unless I plug in the USB while holding the Mic On/Off button.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 11 @ 7:01 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
@Bangys

Have you tried installing the latest driver from the support site ?

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=262&cid=1

If a new firmware version is available, the update process should start automatically, and the new version will be applied.

If you already have the latest version (1.0.3.19, visible in the ABOUT tab of the DJ Control panel), then please be more precise about your problem.

@HellsAttack

Try out this procedure:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00384.pdf

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 7:51 am
Hey everybody i got a hercules MP3 e2, is there a code so if i press 1 on my keyboard it will switch to deck 1 leftside and if i press 4 it will switch to deck 2 rightside then 2 and 3 will do the same and i can switch back and forth?

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 4:10 am
Dj Phatso....Please check my profil foto :) thank

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 6:06 am
@ DJ Space Cookie

You would need VDJ Pro Full in order to modify the keyboard or controller mapping.

@Bangys

Check your other post on the subject

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 9:28 am
Hallo...I now what you write me before...But look what is problem ... My foto...Thank you.and sorry when i have so much qestion

Posted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 1:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@Banqys
Please post a high resolution photo in this thread, as your avatar photo is not helping us to understand your issue.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 9:10 am
RyuJnPRO InfinityMember since 2011
cannot get A-CUE mapping to work with Hercules DJC 4-mx...all i want is to be able to scratch from cue by just touching the platter...when i touch it it will jump to cue, i can scratch, release to play, then when i touch it will jump to cue again and repeat...basically, the description for A-CUE in the mapping page...just not working...Help plz

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 1:41 pm
i dont have available firmware for console...I dont know why.Only Auido is available 19 but.... Firmware console..0 and curent ...(4atoms) ...what the f... is this...I have big problem :) thank you...Realy thank

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 3:08 pm
RyuJn wrote :
cannot get A-CUE mapping to work with Hercules DJC 4-mx...

If you don't want it to jump back to the cue point again after performing your scratch, then use the following for the jogwheel touch sensor mapping:

touchwheel_touch & var 'acue' ? down ? hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : nothing : hot_cue ? play : set_cue

If you can't get it to work at all, please post your current mappings for the jogwheel.

NOTE: As explained on http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript%20Examples.html , you must map a button to toggle A.Cue scratch mode on/off. If you have not done this, then it will not work. If the button is not on the same side of the controller, or is in the middle mixer section (Not specific to a deck), then you will need to use '$acue' instead of 'acue'

Posted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 5:33 am
@Bangys

Just to be clear, what exactly do you have under Current ?

0 and 19 or 3(Etoms) and 19?

Posted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 7:18 am
Thanks for the response, I Actually want it to work exactly as it's description...I tried:

Key: AUTOMIX
Action: toggle '$acue'

Key: JOG_TOUCH
Action: touchwheel_touch & var '$acue' ? down ? hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : nothing : hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : set_cue

I also tried it without the "$"

I would really appreciate if I can get this working normally

Posted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 9:04 am
Providing that you are using '$acue' then the above should work (AUTOMIX is not associated with a particular deck, so you must use a global variable (One with $ in front of its name.))

Make sure that vinyl mode (SCRATCH) is enabled and you have toggled on A.Cue mode by pressing the AUTOMIX button.

Also, make sure that you are actually pushing down onthe 4-Mx jogwheel - They are pressure sensitive, not touch-sensitive.

Posted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 11:26 am
This is problem :/

Posted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 3:38 pm

Posted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 3:40 pm
RyuJn wrote :
Thanks for the response, I Actually want it to work exactly as it's description...I tried:

Key: AUTOMIX
Action: toggle '$acue'

Key: JOG_TOUCH
Action: touchwheel_touch & var '$acue' ? down ? hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : nothing : hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : set_cue

I also tried it without the "$"

I would really appreciate if I can get this working normally

Support staff wrote :
Providing that you are using '$acue' then the above should work (AUTOMIX is not associated with a particular deck, so you must use a global variable (One with $ in front of its name.))

Make sure that vinyl mode (SCRATCH) is enabled and you have toggled on A.Cue mode by pressing the AUTOMIX button.

Also, make sure that you are actually pushing down onthe 4-Mx jogwheel - They are pressure sensitive, not touch-sensitive.

Ok, so I put the EXACT script as above with the $ exactly as it appears in my QUOTE

I click OK then checks and makes sure my SCRATCH Button is on (default) i scratch the song successfully, then presses AUTOMIX to toggle the '$acue' and it lights blue indicating "ON"....
I press the platter, the blue indicator light on the platter activates and i scratch normally...without jumping to my cue points??? :(

why isnt it working? :'( can you send me the exact script to use where AUTOMIX is the TOGGLE BUTTON? Thank you for your help thus far...Greatly appreciated :D

Posted Wed 29 Jun 11 @ 6:49 pm
@Bangys

This is perfectly normal. Only the FIRMWARE AUDIO of the MK4 can be updated (this is why the Open CTRL button is greyed out).

Simply click the UPDATE button to proceed with the Firmware Audio update and be done with it.

Posted Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 6:18 am
I dont know click to next update :/ maybe,because i dont have origanal cable.But normal printer cabel...Can be problem whit cabel ?

Posted Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 10:24 am
77%