Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 34

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
What do you mean ?

When the Firmware updater open, If you get exactly what you posted as image, all you have to do is click the Update! button

Any regular USB cable will do, don't worry. Just be sure that the console is connected directly to the computer USB port. DO NOT USE A USB HUB!

Posted Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 12:06 pm
BangysHome userMember since 2011
I dont have USB hub....And when in application driver is all ok ..... Why console is dont play ? :/ Look link :)

Posted Sat 02 Jul 11 @ 4:45 am
BangysHome userMember since 2011

Posted Sat 02 Jul 11 @ 4:47 am
@bangys

I've just sent you a private message. Check your mailbox.

Posted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 1:37 pm
RyuJnPRO InfinityMember since 2011
i guess no one wanna help me get the ACUE function working. I thought purchasing the Pro version wouldve allowed me to benefit from staff assistance...guess i wasted a thought :( smh

Posted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 5:37 pm
You might get more feedback if you started a new thread with that specific suject.

Because you are in a general Hercules product section, some users you know a lot scripts but don't have a Hercules product may not come around here too often...

Posted Tue 05 Jul 11 @ 7:50 am
I own the RMX and I was wondering if there was a way to map the 1-6 buttons to use in conjunction with the jog wheels. For example I would like to hold down the 3 button and use the jog wheel to scroll to an effect and use the 6 button to activate it.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 1:41 pm
sunjkaHome userMember since 2011
hello i just bought a hercules rmx and i set it up and i got sound from my speakers which are in ch 1,2 but my headphones get no sound what is the problem. i am runnig version 5.2 vdj

Posted Sat 16 Jul 11 @ 5:38 pm
@Sunjka

Your headphone is connected to the top or front headphone output of the Rmx, and you've verified that the headphone volume is set to an appropriate level ?

Posted Mon 18 Jul 11 @ 9:40 am
Okey, maybe there is this somewhere here but I couldn't find it. I have a little problem (more of a I am a retard kind and can't find where it is). I have Hercules 4-MX console and I have a little issue with it. It works great everything, but my headphones can't hear the opposite track, only what is out on master, where on Virtual 7 LE, or on console I can find a button that will allow me to actually hear what I want to mix? (I know I will look like an idiot when the answer will be simple but would appreciate any help you guys can give me)

EDIT: Actually what I just noticed is that both Cue-Mix Button and Vol button on the console do the same thing. Both turn up volumes up and down on headphones, not sure if that is related or meant to be.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 11 @ 11:25 am
Please ensure that you have configured the 4-Mx correctly:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/4-Mx.html

Press the CUE SELECT button on the deck that you wish to pre-listen to (Make sure only one button is lit - If both are on, then you will hear both decks at the same time.)

Use the Cue/Mix knob to adjust how much of the master output vs pre-listened deck you can hear in the headphones.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 11 @ 12:42 pm
Rofl, like I said, I am a retard. I pressed wrong buttons. Thanks a lot (hits himself on the head for stupidity)

Posted Tue 19 Jul 11 @ 12:45 pm
RyuJn wrote :
RyuJn wrote :
Thanks for the response, I Actually want it to work exactly as it's description...I tried:

Key: AUTOMIX
Action: toggle '$acue'

Key: JOG_TOUCH
Action: touchwheel_touch & var '$acue' ? down ? hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : nothing : hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : set_cue

I also tried it without the "$"

I would really appreciate if I can get this working normally

[quote=Support staff]Providing that you are using '$acue' then the above should work (AUTOMIX is not associated with a particular deck, so you must use a global variable (One with $ in front of its name.))

Make sure that vinyl mode (SCRATCH) is enabled and you have toggled on A.Cue mode by pressing the AUTOMIX button.

Also, make sure that you are actually pushing down onthe 4-Mx jogwheel - They are pressure sensitive, not touch-sensitive.

If you are using "toggle '$acue' you need to adjust the code a little, as toggle produces two variants of the name...

'$acue' 1 (on)
'$acue' 0 (off)

Action: touchwheel_touch & var '$acue' 1 ? down ? hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : nothing : hot_cue ? goto_cue & play : set_cue

the led should be something like

var '$acue' 1 ? on : off

Posted Tue 19 Jul 11 @ 1:46 pm
RyuJnPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posted Wed 20 Jul 11 @ 9:46 am
Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
Is it possible to change the pitch accuracy of Hercules RMX pitch slider less than we get with pitch range at +- 6%?

Posted Wed 20 Jul 11 @ 9:25 pm
if you have a spare endless encoder you could map

param_greater 50% ? pitch +0.01 : pitch -0.01

or map a button to

pitch_range 2%

to change the range... you can use any number you wish, or you could change the mapping on the skin to include a smaller value

pitch_range "2,6,12,16,30,50,100" +1

Posted Thu 21 Jul 11 @ 4:30 am
Speedy53 wrote :
Is it possible to change the pitch accuracy of Hercules RMX pitch slider less than we get with pitch range at +- 6%?

This is a hardware limitation of the RMX pitch slider. It uses 7-bit MIDI and only has 128 steps. For greater precision, you would need to upgrade to a MIDI controller that uses or 14-bit MIDI for its pitch or a HID controller. The new Hercules 4-Mx and 4Set have twice the pitch resolution of the RMX.

For further information, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MIDI%20controller%20pitch%20precision.html

Posted Thu 21 Jul 11 @ 5:59 am
Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
@synthet1c
There is no endless encoders at RMX. I am a Hercules MK2 owner, wich has an endless pitch knob, and the accuracy is changed with the action you suggested. I'm trying solutions that NOT includes hardware changes.
I tried to change the pitch range to 2% and smaller, but the accuracy was the same as with 6%. Maybe it is good to keyboard shortcuts but we can not apply with sliders.
Thanks anyway.

@ jpboggis
Thanks, either.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 11 @ 12:42 am
How about...

you just need to pick a shift...

shift while pressed to activate super fine pitch
down ? pitch_range 2% & set 'finepitch' 1 : pitch_range 6% & set 'finepitch' 0 & set 'finepitch_activate' 0

toggle shift to activate super fine pitch
toggle 'finepitch' & var 'finepitch' 1 ? pitch_range 2% : pitch_range 6% & & set 'finepitch_activate' 0

for the shift button led
var 'finepitch' 1 ? blink 250ms : off

pitch slider
var 'finepitch' 1 ? nothing & param_equal 50% ? set 'finepitch_activate' 1 & var 'finepitch_activate' 1 ? pitch : pitch_slider : pitch_slider : pitch_slider

this will change the pitch range to a super fine 2%, however to activate it you need to reset the slider in the middle, this will give you the most control both ways, then hopefully when you release the shift button the pitch wont move until the fader is in the right position allowing you to correct the positioning back to the original setting as displayed on the screen,

completely untested, so let me know if it works

Posted Fri 22 Jul 11 @ 3:23 am
Or you could try for the pitch slider
param_multiply 50% & pitch

the % value can go down to make the knob more sensitive

Posted Fri 22 Jul 11 @ 3:37 am
79%