Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ericjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
cioce wrote :
I think is not possible.

Thanks, Unfortunately I have to look for another unit.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 09 @ 2:02 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
The limit is not the "unit" (RMX in this case) but Virtual DJ.

Anyway I can't understand the utility to load the track loaded before and already played.

Please also remember Virtual DJ is a professional live mixing software and not a player software like winamp.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 1:42 am
QUESTION ON THE RMX MAPPINGS..... PLEASE!!!

i'M HAVING A HARD TIME PROGRAMING THE FOLLOWING :
WHEN I TRY TO ENTER THE COMMAND I GE A SYNTAX ERROR..

ALSO.. WHAT HAPPEN TO THE REMOTE CONTROL TAB IN THE NEW VERSION OF VDJ?

see that folks have been asking for it, so I've come up with a simple solution for jogwheel default (the one that is currently visible in the skin) effect slider adjustment that I would like to share with you.

The method described here uses the scratch button as shift...Use whatever button you'd like, or replace 'default' with the effect name and assign the additional actions to the button you've assigned for the effect, if you wish. This was tested on my RMX using hard-coded 6+6 buttons and the default widescreen VDJ6 skin.

SCRATCH action=vinyl_mode [add this] & set $shift while_pressed

JOG action=var $shift ? action_deck 1 ? effect default slider 1 : effect default slider 2 : jog_wheel

Happy spinnin' ;)

DJ Doc

Posted Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 3:11 pm
ok.. I'm confuse...

How do I set HOT cues and Cue delete using the scratch button + kill high, low mid.. etc..

this new mappings stuff is confusing for using multiple keys or shortcuts....

HOw can I set to browse using only 1 jog wheel... right side prefered..

tha ks for your help in advance

Posted Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 12:18 am
Hello.
I've just got a Dj console RMX, but i have a problem..
I just cant get any sound from my headphones?

I want to use my computers soundcard as mastersound, and the RMX's soundcard for headphones.
my settings are:

Inputs: none
Output: headphones.
Soundcard(s): 2 cards

Soundcard: SB audigidy audio [DF00]
Second card: Hercules dj console RMX

Mastersound: First card. Headphones: Second card.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you.

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 1:07 pm
mariogperez wrote :
QUESTION ON THE RMX MAPPINGS..... PLEASE!!!

i'M HAVING A HARD TIME PROGRAMING THE FOLLOWING :
WHEN I TRY TO ENTER THE COMMAND I GE A SYNTAX ERROR..

ALSO.. WHAT HAPPEN TO THE REMOTE CONTROL TAB IN THE NEW VERSION OF VDJ?

see that folks have been asking for it, so I've come up with a simple solution for jogwheel default (the one that is currently visible in the skin) effect slider adjustment that I would like to share with you.

The method described here uses the scratch button as shift...Use whatever button you'd like, or replace 'default' with the effect name and assign the additional actions to the button you've assigned for the effect, if you wish. This was tested on my RMX using hard-coded 6+6 buttons and the default widescreen VDJ6 skin.

SCRATCH action=vinyl_mode [add this] & set $shift while_pressed

JOG action=var $shift ? action_deck 1 ? effect default slider 1 : effect default slider 2 : jog_wheel

Happy spinnin' ;)

DJ Doc

Please write what you are trying to enter exactly as you typed in the mapper, and I'll have a look and see if I can help ;)

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 5:04 pm
DJ Millos wrote :
Hello.
I've just got a Dj console RMX, but i have a problem..
I just cant get any sound from my headphones?

I want to use my computers soundcard as mastersound, and the RMX's soundcard for headphones.
my settings are:

Inputs: none
Output: headphones.
Soundcard(s): 2 cards

Second card: Hercules dj console RMX

Mastersound: First card. Headphones: Second card.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you.

"If you've checked the box "apply EQ to ..." try unchecking it and see if it works.

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 5:06 pm
That option can only be used if instead of "2 soundcards" i say "Hercules DJ console RMX".

Posted Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 4:04 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Second card: Hercules dj console RMX (Channel 1-2)

The problem is simple, Hercules headphone is conneccted on exit 3-4 of RMX and whis setup you can use it.
If you connect your speaker on exit 1-2 and Headphone into its hole all will be ok ;)

Posted Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 4:11 am
TheSivHome userMember since 2009
I have just received my new Hercules RMX....

I have also installed the Virtual DJ Software...

I have played some music just through the laptop internal sepakers and also headphones and it sounds great...

When I connect the Hercules to the laptop via USB Cable and playbeack music it seems to skip every 30 seconds or so???

So when I connect it through an amp and Speakers its really noticeable!

Whats wrong?

I have a brand new Dell DuelCore laptop 2.4GHZ with 4GB RAM... There is nothing else installed on the laptop what so ever...

It the music only seems to skip when I play it through the Hercules RMX....

Please help as the Hercules Help line doesn't seem to work!

Posted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 12:04 pm
ndofuHome userMember since 2009
hey guys been using rmx for a lil over 3 weeks good decent hardwAre however having one issue

I would like to bakspin once in awhile during a mix i can back spin on deck a and here sound, but when i back spin on deck b i dont here any sound. does anyone know if this is a software limitation or hardware issue I am using vdj 5.2.1 console edition please note this is my second rmx and it has the same issue I dont here any sound while backspinning on deck b any ideas?

thanks,
ruben - brooklyn

Posted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 7:21 pm
Hello TheSiv,

1) Hercules tech support is also accessible on http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=files_faq

2) You should check if you have disabled Windows setting which cuts the power on the USB, and make sure you have set a reasonable ASIO buffer size (if the buffer is to short, the music skips continuously).
http://ts.hercules.com/includes/view_faq.php?id=364&d=2008-09-26&folder=eng

3) Hercules has a tech support site http://ts.hercules.com/ and a forum http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/ so it makes sense to contact Hercules, but pleasde describe more your configuration, for example
- describe your OS (XP=good and powerful, or Vista=slow and designed make any computer short of CPU ressources), is it 32-bit or 64-bit (as 32-bit Windows don't work well with 4GB RAM, so I hop your computer is set for Windows 32-bit in 3GB RAM)
- describe your version of VirtualDJ, your version of Rmx drivers
- precise if you did the operations recommended for audio skipping: did you cut off the wifi on the laptop, did you stop the internet, did you cut off the antivirus and firewall, did you check if you have the same result when changing in the sound panel the setting "Apply EQ on external inputs".

Posted Fri 17 Jul 09 @ 8:56 am
Hello ndofu,

You can check the backspin settings (on VirtualDJ skin, the last effect loaded on a button can be set in a small rectangle lebelled EFFECT placed below the button 6: the first rotary knob sets the speed of the backspin, the second knob sets the length of the backspin).

All VirtualDJ effects are software only effect (the only hardware effect on Rmx are microphone talk over, microphone volume and headphones volume), so the hardware (DJ Console Rmx) cannot be responsible for the software effect (backspin). I hope you didn't return a first Rmx for this issue, otherwise the retailer who accepted this hardware return for a software defectiveness is not reliable.

Posted Fri 17 Jul 09 @ 9:10 am
@ndofu

Are you talking about physically backspinning with the jogwheel, or is it like Made In Breizh describes above?

Posted Fri 17 Jul 09 @ 9:10 pm
hallo. i have a big problem whit my RMX and virtual dj..
when i press loop out it don't make a loopat the place i pressed it, but at the beginning of the track.
so if i press loop out, the the track just starts over :S
anyone know about this?

Dj ém

Posted Sun 19 Jul 09 @ 8:49 am

Posted Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 2:48 am
First, make sure your performance is set to fastest (config-->performance), and your latency is set to auto & safe mode & overclock are both unchecked. If that doesn't help, then go to your RMX control panel (little DJ icon in system tray) and increase the ASIO latency until it does work.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 10:26 pm
hi there - first time for me using a virtualdj controler - in my case got a hercules rmx which i try to get started with a macbookpro - it says the powersupply wil be provided thru the built in USB hub - but each time i want to get strted the thing stats to blink for 5 seconds and than a dialog apearss:: the conroller has not been detected - but the controller is plugged in - and nothing is happening - so my question, do i need an external powerhub?? anybody who is working a hercules rmx console with an macbookpro who knows and could share if its working like that??

as this is all completly new to me i`d be thankful to receive support as i am already on he road...

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 6:37 am
Hello audiomed,

On some MacBook, the power is the USB bus is not at the same level on both USB ports, so you should try to plug the DJ Console Rmx on the other USB port. Another test is to connect the DJ Console Rmx on the USB port prior to switching on the Mac.
You can find some more information for Rmx on Mac on the pdf file "MacBook laptop configurations & OS X optimizations" on Hercules tech support site: http://ts.hercules.com/includes/view_faq.php?id=363&d=2008-09-26&folder=eng .

Posted Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 3:26 am
I installed the latest drivers of hercules dj console rmx (4.6.3.0) and i have a serious problem since then.Virtual DJ gets stucked for a few seconds when I load one or two songs, or by pressing play or stop, and there's nothing i can do until it snaps out of it.I'm sure that the drivers have problem because i tested it to my p.c. and then to my notebook which was working perfect before installing the new drivers.
I asked for the driver version 3.8.0.0 at hercules but they are very late to their answers and services.
Does anyone know something about it or if someone can send me the driver version 3.8.0.0?

Posted Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 6:19 pm
7%