Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 7:14 pm
Djay_7PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Howto: Using Hercules MP3 & VirtualDJ 6 - Changing the code in the "mappers" tab to make the controller more user friendly!

Hope this helps someone out, as I have been having a play with the new release of VDJ, and although very configurable, it didnt "feel" right any more with the default options. So after spending a little while, I modified a few settings, which I hope may help and save some of you a bit of frustration.

All of these options are completely down to user choice, but this is what I prefer for my settings using an external mixer (so pick and choose what works for you):
- Crossfader - I use an external mixer, so I dont want this active!
- Jog Wheels - I liked the feel and response in VDJ5, so needed to make these react roughly the same.
- Cue Options - I prefer using these to play samples like intros and voice drops etc, as I never really use more than the start cue points.
- Volume Sliders - Like most other people, I use these to alter the pitch of the tune, rather than the volume.
- Pitch Dials - I do use these for pitch control, but prefer them to be a little less sensitive.

To change these settings, go to Setup | Mappers and select "Hercules DJControl MP3" from the drop-down, then select and change the following as you require:

Crossfader
I simply deleted this value - select "CROSSFADER", then click the dustbin icon in the bottom left

Jog Wheels
Select "JOG" and change the code to:
param_multiply 500% & jog_wheel

Cue Options
I use different samples dependant on which key I press starting with button 3 on the left for sample 7, up to 3 on the right for sample 12, so you can change the numbers in the code as needed to play the different sample slots to fit your play style.

Select "FX1" and change the code to:
var 'djc' 0 ? effect select -1 : var 'djc' 2 ? loop_half : action_deck 1 ? sampler 9 play_stop : sampler 10 play_stop

Select "FX2" and change the code to:
var 'djc' 0 ? effect active : var 'djc' 2 ? loop : action_deck 1 ? sampler 8 play_stop : sampler 11 play_stop

Select "FX3" and change the code to:
var 'djc' 0 ? effect select +1 : var 'djc' 2 ? loop_double : action_deck 1 ? sampler 7 play_stop : sampler 12 play_stop

Volume Sliders
Select "VOLUME" and change the code to:
pitch

Pitch Dials
Select "PITCH" and change the code to:
param_multiply 0.1% & pitch

I hope this helps someone that is either stuck for a quick fix, or doesn't either have the time or knowledge to change the code. I know it's a simple fix for most, but like I say.. it's there to help those that need it ;)

I will post more stuff like this if people would like help, as I do like to play around with code etc, so please, ask if you need a little help!
---
Matt (aka Djay7)

Posted Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 4:26 pm
Djay_7 wrote :
Jog Wheels
Select "JOG" and change the code to:
param_multiply 500% & jog_wheel

Did you download vdj 6.0.1 ?

Posted Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 4:14 am
Djay_7PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ahah! Thanks for the info, although I would like to add a slight problem I have with this way of changing the value... although you can slide the slider to change the value, it gets very dodgy once you get to the higher values - i.e. if you try to set it to 500% exactly or say 600%, it's not possible as the jumps on the slider are just too high.

It would be nice to have an edit box too, so you can type the value in, as well as a slider maybe? The reason for doing this would be to allow people to set the value such that one revolution of their controller wheel could match one revolution on the screen too.

Posted Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 8:47 am
hi Made In Breizh

yes i want to control my version of virtual dj with my wireless hercules dj mixer... i can do it with the hercules program but i find the virtual dj a better program...

Posted Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 5:59 am
ruubke1Home userMember since 2009
I have a big problem. When people talk about connecting a turntable to theyre rmx, it's always timecoded. But I just wan't to connect a turntable to my rmx to play vinyls and use my rmx as a mixer. Tis seams so simple but I can't get it to work... :( Does anyone know what to do?

Posted Sat 20 Jun 09 @ 3:42 am
ruubke1 wrote :
I have a big problem. When people talk about connecting a turntable to theyre rmx, it's always timecoded. But I just wan't to connect a turntable to my rmx to play vinyls and use my rmx as a mixer. Tis seams so simple but I can't get it to work... :( Does anyone know what to do?

Go to sound setup in config:
Inputs=none
soundcard=RMX
Connect the TT to inputs 1/2 on the back of the RMX.
Use the source button on the RMX to toggle between the sound from the turntable and the virtual deck.

Posted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 12:16 pm
Hey, Ive been happy with my hercules rmx for a long time but I installed virtual DJ 6 and all the action tabs on the RMX started doing different commands. This came just in time for when I have a club to play TONIGHT need urgent help. Any help at all would be very helpfull.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 4:42 pm

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 5:57 pm

Posted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 10:44 am
Hey all,

I found this forum informative, but none of what was discussed earlier in regards to the RMX series mixer helped fix my issue. After trying numerous settings as suggested, I cannot get all the functions of the Hercules Rmx to work. Cue only stays lit until you press play-no way of listening to the music in headphones. Is the Sync button supposed to flash during playback? I had errors with the drivers but I think I have it fixed in that area after reinstalling the drivers a few times. Originally, I could not change the output volume in the control panel-now I can. What is the difference between the WDM mode and Asio driver mode? Is there a mixer that is better than the Rmx that is pretty much plug and play without having to worry about changing settings each time I am at an event?

Posted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 11:43 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
tzoromski1,

Enter your virtualdj serial on your user profile and download the last djc_version for your console. If you want to try version 6, then download the TRIAL version and remove the one you have installed, once you have the last version, we can assist you in a better way.

Regards,

Posted Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 3:06 pm
The only problem I am having is that the Hercules Rmx does not cue into headphones-it plays both in the headphones and through the master out. All updates are installed including firmware and still won't work properly. The CUE button lights up to cue into the headphones, but press play and the cue button becomes unlit-but cue select is lit and it still plays through the headphones and the master. THe RMX is feeling like a $350.00 peice of junk right now and I have to return it by Friday if I cannot make it work-which I will do.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 3:49 pm
I'm having trouble figuring out how to use the RMX as a soundcard. I was not sure if it was discussed in any forum. If it was can someone find a the link to it. I'm purchasing two Denon Dn-S3700's and a Denon DN-x1500s mixer, and wanting to use timecode cd's. I was also wondering how you would set that up if it's possible. I would figure that there is only 2 inputs and 2 outputs and I wasn't sure if that was enough to set the two cdj and a mixer. I just figure that since the RMX is soundcard and can do timecodes I wouldn't have to look and spend money on another sound card.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 12:18 pm
I recently bought a new laptop with Window Vista as operating system. The previous laptop was using Windows XP. After I installed the same VDJ software and try to mix music, i notice there are some 'cracking' sound when I use my Hercules MK2: either when I move the fader or playing with the 'high', 'mid' and 'low' switches. I though the problem came from my Hercules MKII. But when I used it back on my old laptop with Windows XP, the problem is gone.

Can anyone advise what seems to be the problem? I used the same Hercules Driver for both laptops. Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 1:05 am
Hello indigodeville,

Vista is different from XP: XP is a good operating system, while Vista seems designed to waste as much CPU ressources as possible in useless tasks as hassling with alarm messages, cutting USB power while you need USB power, indexing your hard disk in real time, and scanning the wifi environment.

1) Can you make sure you have cut all the CPU intensive background tasks in your computer which has Vista?
No wifi / No Internet / no anti-virus.

2) Can you check you are actually in the same mode in Vista and in XP?
In case you are in ASIO, please check if increasing the ASIO buffer size changes anything?
In case you are in WDM, you can switch in ASIO in VirtualDJ 3.4 DJC in the sound setup panel by checking the mixed mode (mix MP3 and external sources) and choosing the setting "Aplly EQ on external inputs).

Posted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 4:22 am
Hi 'Made In Breizh',
I did what you said, and it works!!! Thanks a lot :)

Posted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 8:32 pm
ericjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Newbie Looking for a little help, setting up Virtual DJ Pro 6 / Hercules Rmx. Using the RMX controller I would like to Advance or Go Back to a Track in an Autoplayilst and Play the selected track. Basically I would like to use it like a basic CD Player, for a portion of a Event we are doing that people are walking up, to receive awards and we will be playing the same tracks multiple times.

Thanks for any help.

Posted Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 2:56 pm
ericjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Update, after further research I discovered the "automix_skip" action which advances to the next track in auto playlist mode. The only thing I am looking of now is how to go to the previous track. I have tried "automix_skip -1" but that does not work.

Thanks

Posted Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 4:11 pm
I think is not possible.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 09 @ 2:00 am
5%