Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Will this ASIO card work?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MobilePreUSB-main-1.html

i am contemplating buying this card for the timecoded vinyls' interface to my laptop, just wanted to see if it would work. Their are two stereo imputs and multiple stereo outpults i beleive. I am sure of one stereo out and another other is two mono channels, which i beleve could just be bridged back into a stereo out. My question is will this work and wilth the asio software am i going to be able to tell the card that one deck feeds out of one stereo out and the other deck feeds out of the other stereo out so that i can feed both decks back into the mixer after the computer. Sorry if this is complicated

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 12:58 am
I would recommend getting the maya usb soundcard. Its cheaper than that one you posted...and it almost seems that everyone is using the maya with VDJ which means VDJ will probably start writing there code partial to users using the maya so the software interacts better with the maya drivers. RIIIGHHT VDJ support team? ;)

Also- i use the maya, and i know it works flawlessy.

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 1:06 am
ya, i fould one at a store for 100 bux and i would rather purchase in store rather than online so that is my reasoning behind it, anybody else have an opinion on this card?

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 1:18 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You won't be satisfied by this device. First off, you would have to use a RCA to 1/4"RTS for one input (on back), then the second input would need to be either RCA to 1/8"RTS (in the back) or the RCA to 1/4"RTS input (on the front). Then you are faced with the fact that you only have one stereo output. This forces you to rely solely on the VDJ mixer for everything, forget about an external mixer. Plus, how would you cue your mixes - using headphone plugged into the PC?

Go with the Maya44 USB - you can find them anywhere from $109 - 149. I picked mine up for $129.00.
So for $10-50 more than this in the store you can get a much better component that fits exactly what you need it to do.

cstoll

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 1:30 am
WOW.. that MobilePreUSB device is pretty expensive for such a low signal-to-noise ratio.
I'm sure it will work with VDJ, i also would recommand a Maya44 USB. It has proven to be reliable, fairly cheap and has an even greater signal-to-noise ratio (111 db).

i'm telling you (i'm sure that others agree with me) Maya44 USB + VDJ = rulez ;)

Posted Tue 22 Mar 05 @ 3:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)