Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Headphone Setup And Usage Guide..... - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sackmeaHome userMember since 2011
Hi.please bear with me as i m completely new to this.when i click play on deck 1 and play on deck 2, i would like the deck where i selected PFL to only play on the headphones until the other deck is not in use. At the moment when doing so, i have BOTH songs playing on speakers with deck selected to play on headphone doing so.I cant see the cue/mix. I m using V7.0.5.THANKS

Posted Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 2:25 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
no worrys bud, how do you have your speakers and headphones connected?

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 6:13 pm
Hi there thanks for the great guide, Just wondering if you could help me,

I cant seem to set my laptop output to mono (there for not being able to set VDJ to that output type).

so if i buy a sound card like you suggeted in your post would i then use the Normal Laptop headphone lead for 1 output and the USB card for the other. correct?

Now in your post you suggest buying this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250653586204&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

is there any difference in this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-EXTERNAL-3D-5-1-CHANNEL-AUDIO-PC-SOUND-CARD-PC-/320648305759?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_SoundCards&hash=item4aa820dc5f

would that be good enough and will it run on the "home edition"

i think all the answers to the above questions are yes. and this is all ill need ot be able to get Speak sound output from my Laptop Jack And the Cue sound to my headphones from the Usb Stick card?

Posted Sun 09 Oct 11 @ 6:18 am

Posted Sun 09 Oct 11 @ 11:28 am
ah right so the best way to go is, Just to use my laptop basic output, and buy the £1.39 usb sound card from ebay? and ill be able to use Cue in the Headphones and Speakers from the Laptop basic stereo output?

Posted Mon 10 Oct 11 @ 6:59 am
This is the simplest and cheapest option.

The external sound card must be stereo only, NOT a 5.1 card (Multi-channel external sound cards are not supported by VirtualDJ Home FREE.)

The internal sound card of your laptop will be used as the master output and the USB card for your headphones for pre-listening.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 11 @ 7:03 am
coltyHome userMember since 2011
I also have problems setting my speakers up with my headphones.

I'm using Virtual DJ LE (with Pro evaluation options, 16 days left).
I have a Realtek 5.1 Sound Card in my pc, using Logitech 5.1 Speakers connected at the rear jackets.
I'm using Razer Stereo headset (USB, green and pink audio jack).

When i play from a Deck in VDJ, the sound comes out of my speakers. When i plug my headphones in the front jacket, it overrules my speakers. The sound then comes out of my headphones and not out of the speakers.

The options on VDJ are now configured like this:

Input: None
Output: Headphones - Master: Front output / Headphones : Center output
Sound Card: 4.1 Card - Speakers (Realtek High Defenition Audio)

When i configure my Realtek audio options (in Windows), i can get the sound over the speakers AND over the headphones, but this only when i disable my pc from detecting my from panel jack. This way, it doesn't work as it should, PFL doesn't do anything at this point. Maybe there's something with my audio settings in the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Here's a screenshot of these options:
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3167/realtekm.jpg

Feel free to give me the advice i need, thanks!

Posted Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 6:58 am
try setting your options so you have > master = front output - headphones = left channel .

there is a good chance that the front putput is routed into the centre surroud output.

if your using a usb headset, then you dontneed to rout your audio via a jack, plug itinto usb and vdj should recognise it as a sound card as long as you have thedrivers installed. there may also be an issue with you using a dual headset and not just headhones.. you may have to use an advanced setup which includes the microphone usage.

Posted Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 8:22 am
Thanks for your quick reply!

I only have the following options:
Master : Front output / Headphones : Rear Output
Master : Rear output / Headphones : Front Output
Master : Front output / Headphones : Center Output

In none of these cases it works. Also when I do not connect the green audio plug from my headset, it doesn't work. I have to plug in it's USB plug to power the headset.

I'm wondering more and more if this headset is suitable for the VDJ --> Speakers / Headphones.

Additional information: I'm using the Razer Carcharias headphones.

If you think that buying another headset or anything will resolve this problem, please feel free to share it with me.

Thanks in advance again!

Posted Fri 06 Jan 12 @ 10:28 am
I think i discovered something.

When i do not connect any headphones, just my speakers and McCrypt controller.

When the volume of Deck 1 is up, the music comes trough all the 5.1 speakers. When i drop the volume from Deck 1, the music comes ONLY trough my center speaker. If i hit PFL on Deck 2, i hear nothing anymore. When i hit PFL on Deck 1, i hear the music again from the center speaker.

Posted Fri 06 Jan 12 @ 10:57 am
Hmm, and now that doens't work either. Any clue's coming up?

Posted Fri 06 Jan 12 @ 10:59 am
I restarted VDJ and this works again. Volume to the bottom and PFL on will output the music to the center speaker only. Volume up will put the music trough all speakers.

Posted Fri 06 Jan 12 @ 11:03 am
can you not use the headsets usb and set it up in vdj as a usb soundcard? this would be your best option

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 4:09 pm
No unfortunately this is not possible, too bad. I guess I can't fix it without getting other headphones..?

Posted Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 10:46 am
If you guys are using external USB soundcards, you should really be making them the master out and using the internal headphone jack as the headphone out. Why? Because 9 times out of 10 an external USB sound card is going to have better quality sound than the onboard sound card. You'd want the best sound possible feeding youyr master output. THIS is what the people dancing will hear.

Posted Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 3:13 pm
when i record a mix and listen back to my mix can someone plz tell me why do i have the songs that i cue up in my headphones play out loud in the mix

Posted Sun 25 Nov 12 @ 6:02 am
In basic terms, you're recording the music before you've mixed it...

Think about it: You're using VDJ and sending the music out from VDJ to your RMX, which is then used to cue and mix it.

The output from the RMX is what you need to record. You're recording the audio from VDJ.

Posted Sun 25 Nov 12 @ 6:14 am
With normal master/headphones sound configuration, recording should work correctly by default on the RMX, because it is using the internal software mixer built into VirtualDJ.

You would only normally experience the problem that you are describing above if you are using VirtualDJ with separate deck outputs to an external audio mixer, which VirtualDJ Console Edition for RMX does not support because it is free limited software.

For this functionality, you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional at a considerable discount: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - You will also need to read the following FAQ page to record correctly when using an external mixer setup: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

Posted Mon 26 Nov 12 @ 9:47 am
Hola mis amigos amigas,

Ok thats all i got. i got virtual DJ on my mac book pro and I cannot play using my wireless Bose Sound Dock. Please help me

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 8:39 pm
Im having a problem. My headphones are plugged into the numark mix track pro, and the unmark is plugged into my computer via usb. I can't configure it so that it uses my computer speakers as my main speakers, while i pre listen in my headphones. Can anyone help? Thanks

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 6:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)