Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recording and synching issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rafikiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have the full version of VirtualDj 2. I am able to synch properly until I record. When I am in recording mode I can't get two tables to synch (reliably, sometimes it does).

Anybody have a similar experience or suggestions? I have a gig soon and I am hoping to pull up a couple premixed tracks so any info as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rafiki

Posted Tue 08 Mar 05 @ 4:38 pm

Posted Wed 09 Mar 05 @ 12:14 am
Thanks OO. I found that thread very helpful, however it didnt sem to ahelp me with this specific issue. I literally cant synch two tracks together when in recording mode. I can do this easily when NOT recording. Any other ideas? All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 2:43 am
Do you mean that the software will not allow you to synch while you are recording or that you get nervous and miss the beatmatch?

MS

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 2:46 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
rafiki: Could you post your computer specifications? If your problem occours when recording, this means your PC hardly handles two processes - mixing music and recording the output back to disk.

If you have a slow processor, a problem is obvious.
If you're low on RAM, operating system must use virtual memory using low speed disks - slowing down your whole system.

Anyway, I would recommend external recording mode using two computers, where processes are independent.

erXon

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 12:32 pm
Rafiki, you would use another software (preferably multi-track software) to record your live mix. The good thing about the multi-track method is that you can correct any mixing mishaps. I agree with erXon, your processor may be to slow. A simple way to check it is to allow the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete, click on the performance tab) to monitor the CPU usage the next time you mix and record simultaneously. Furthermore, I would definitely recommend the multi-track external recording method with two computers as erXon suggested.

OO

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 6:31 pm
Thanks. I have checked CPU usage and it seems to be ok. I would just like to be able to record a mix (meaning two songs only mixed together). Really shouldnt have to use an external recorder for that should I? whats teh point of having record.

In regards to one question, I mean I cant synch while its recording. I am able to synch fine whn its not in recording mode. I'm not scared to do it while recording. It just wont synch up.

Here is my specs:

Intel Pentium III. 808 Mhz, 768 mg RAM

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 10:57 pm
I got the following info from here: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/description.html

The minimum requirement to run Virtual DJ is:
PIII 850 MhZ computer
800x600 SVGA video
DirectX compatible soundcard
128 MB RAM
20 MB free on the hard-drive

You are below the minimum cpu speed, which is probably your problem.

The recommended configuration is:
PIV 1.2 GhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
512 MB RAM
20 MB free on the hard-drive

In my opinion, the recommended configuration should be the “minimum requirement to run Virtual DJ.” If you plan on using hardware for scratching, you might want to consider a cpu faster than 1.2 Ghz. http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

OO

Posted Thu 10 Mar 05 @ 11:44 pm
Bummer. Guess I need a faster processor.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 05 @ 9:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)