Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DMX 512 Lighting control in VDJ? - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DMX was built into VDJ 5, but it was limited to working with only the sunlite dmx, not that anyone on the forums ever got it working... but this essentially will have no limitations as you would set everything up in freestyler and trigger it from VDJ. so you would pretty much have the most advanced light show possible as everything could be pre programed with cues in the timeline of VDJ to change scenes and kept on time using the bpm counter of vdj!!!!! TRUE SOUND TO LIGHT, without spending thousands on madrix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 3:20 pm
synthet1c wrote :
I just got a little wet my pants...

no kidding!

I don't think most people realize how actually huge this idea is..
how much of a game changer SBDJ just started with his plug-in...

Once people actually SEE it working on different systems I think a lot of people are going to be taken by surprise.

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 3:25 pm
Simon Bailey wrote :
Please excuse my ignorance of this subject, but I had noticed these verbs in VDJScript, whilst mapping a controller...

sadly.. your knowledge is pretty much equal to the rest of us ;-)

I think... (with no proof to back me up)
a simple DMX controll was integrated in VDJ 5.x (and 4.x??)
BUT it was limited to only working with a specific type of dongle (one from Sunlite).

before the whole "VDJScript"

I'm assuming that ability is still kinda "present" in the software, so when they made the change to "scripting" in VDJ 6.x,
those DMX "commands" came along with it..

since it seems almost no-one was able to get DMX working even back then... most users gave up and went alternate routes..
one of the reasons I suspect their is very little interest shown.. Its hard for people to stay excited about something when they have never seen it actually done..

Though the "verbs" exist in the current version, their is no ""definition" file" available for any of the DMX Dongles..
and even if someone made a Definition File, I fear some of the original "pop ups" that used to work with VDJ 5.x, no longer show up..

This is why I think SBDJ's Plug-in, is so important (in my opinion)
It can show people how cool DMX integration (of any sort) can be..

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 3:38 pm
Yes it is important for me too!
But i work with Mac and i can only work with cuelux on mac together with vdj. I think this Plugin would for a many mobile DJs very important to control the light.
Of The Plugin don't Run on mac (only win) than i'm sad but i can work with bootcamp.

Sorry for my Bad english... I write from iPhone it is very difficult.

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 5:23 pm
gkarmasPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello, I bought VDJ7 one month ago and the only reason I am NOT using it at all for live gigs, is the midi clock out, we play with 2 mac, 1 dj + 1 light, the only program I can use right now is Traktor but I still have problem with video out. Anyway it's complicated story, the other laptop is using Ableton Live with DMXis for lights but I can't send midi clock with Virtual DJ. Is there any way to solve this now and finally play with vdj and finally send midi clock out?

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 7:08 am

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 11:42 am
DGeePRO InfinityMember since 2007
Great plugin, how does it work?

Would someone be able to post a little documentation on how or what do do with the plugin? A little blurb on what to do would be wonderful.

Thanks,

-DGee

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 1:21 pm
gkarmasPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 5:20 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 9:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)