Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What do i get when i pay ? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok, to be honest, i have been using a cracked version of virtual dj, i like it a lot. I dont have a credit card, but i am sure i can pay some one else for this program. I would like to know however what is it that i am buying, eg what does the legal statement say i can't do with this program.

btw. not to be bitching but you cant log in with firefox :(

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 6:56 am
What's a cracked version?

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 7:06 am
as in a ilegal version, all i want to know really is when i pay my $216 AU what am i entitled to ? and what cant i do ?

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 7:29 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Well first off you we will answer your questions and give you the respect you have given us by purchasing our software legally. Next check the features page. Basically everything that VDJ has is bugged in cracked versions. Try a demo for better results. Hope to see you as a full users soon ;)

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 8:18 am
Yes i do hope to be a full user soon, but that doesnt really answer my question, what is the legal statment that by installing and using Virtual DJ 2 say, is there a copy anywhere, or what, the i know you can multi instance but do i have to pay for more licences if i want to multi instance over a network ?

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 8:36 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it acually works out to be about AU$166, as for the licence it is per user so if you've got 2 djs working at the same time on a multi-instance network link you tecnically need 2 licences. you are entitled to free updates as far as i know... they've all been free so far & your entitled to the best dj software out there. ;)
you can copy the installs to a cd as a backup etc... but if you lose the install you can write to e-service and they will allow you to download the program again.
you are also entitled to all of the skins, effects & samples

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 8:52 am
Thanks djzero, $216 AU with VAT, what is that anyway ?

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 9:01 am
pay in US$ that way you avoid the VAT, youll see how when you go through the checkout

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 9:07 am
VAT is EU's version of GST

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 9:08 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Welcome in advance.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 9:09 am
Ok now i am a little confused about this "VAT" when i pay for vdj am i paying in euro or US $'s

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 9:18 am
sorry, i found the answer out my self :), ok thats about all my questions for now, I SHALL return, and with a (legal) serial and all :D........

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 9:23 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yessss see you soon with us.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 11:07 am
You are not entitled to free updates till the end of time. You're only entitled to free updates to whatever new VDJ 2.xx release there will be, afaik.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 11:56 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
WHAT DO I GET WHEN I PAY?

You make hundreds of new friends.
You get excellent peer and product support.
You gain the credibility of using legal tools in your profession, there's nothing like being legit.
You get all the plugs ins and effects that members create and make available to you.
You get the best dam program money can buy that makes the fear of crashes a thing of the past.
I haven't carried cds for 2 years, how about you?

I hope that answers your quesion adequetly, and welcome when you make the leap.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 5:30 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Damocles said
>You are not entitled to free updates till the end of time. You're only entitled to free
>updates to whatever new VDJ 2.xx release there will be, afaik.

Though this is not written anywhere, I would agree that at some point they may require an upgrade fee if the product dramaticly changes is features. There are several that started in the 1.x days and still get their updates free.

So, wait and see.
BTW: welcome to the club!!

cstoll

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 6:39 pm
Usually when software goes from 1.x to 2.x, a company charges an upgrade fee. With all the updates that have been made to VDJ, I wouldn’t be surprised if an upgrade fee is charged with the next major improvement.

OO

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 9:23 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'd pay for it 4 times over I can't tell you how happy I am with this program!!!!!

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 3:51 am
when it works,

yes, i love every second that this program works with TCV!

i do not love the constant tinkering, and headaches associated with VDJ.
my comp is more than capable of using this program, but it seems to always give me trouble. whether its trying to install the maya 44 usb, and getting nowhere, to trying to install vdj multiple times and giving me errors all the way through, and the problems i had the very first time i used it, to my recent crashing, and now it wont install again. all in the matter of 7 weeks.....

it is a constant pain, and as a hip-hop DJ, i feel that i have to walk on egg shells to not disrupt anything while im scratching my TCV.......?....

that is no way to play music. the artist should not feel restricted in the slightest.

some would have given up. my mates look at me like im insane when i have to go off, and research all this crap. i really am crazy to keep this bullshit floating for so long. its time to flush it down the drain, and call it a day.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 4:37 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Well hey, we all have options in this world, maybe it's time for you to got to plan "B", if there is one.
Scratching is by far the most demanding of features on PC's as you are finding out.
We are all pioneers forging ahead in new technology that is getting better by the day.

Obviously TCV is not perfect, and you are not alone in your troubles with it.
If you don't want to be a part of it and exercise a little patience, than by all means just flush it as you put it.
Don't expect immediate answers or anybody here to talk you out of it, this isn't a psyco therapy ward here.
Nobody is going to feel sympathetic or a desire to help if they have to pry a rock out of their forehead first.
Perfection takes time, be patient.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 11:43 am
95%