Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Controlling effects using DAC2/XP10 slider

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe this is already happening. I don't own a controller yet, so maybe this is already possible.

I'd like to be able to control my effects by using either the jog wheel or slider of either controller. I'm used to the jog wheel on the CDN88.

Obviously not ALL effects will work this way... any comments?

Posted Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 11:30 pm
That is a pretty cool idea...I have a DAC-2 and the new .DLL controller is superb thanks to VBJack...the idea of controlling effects with the slider is pretty neat.

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 2:23 pm
Glad someone understands what I meant.

Because I don't have either controller, it's hard to know exactly how this could work. But, if you have a button select the effect so it's "ready" and then a toggle button for the fader. Position 1 is pitch, position 2 is effect action. The button would have to have a 3rd action - OFF. otherwise, when you switched from EFFECT to PITCH, your song could suddenly pitch up or down. You'd need the OFF position so that you could reset the pitch fader to whatever you need.

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 11:58 pm
Well you wouldn't really...before the pitch would be able to change, you would have to match it to the previous value as before.

IE. If it was at 12% before toggle effect and you had moved it to 50% during effect, when you turn of effect you would have to match it to 12% again before it would adjust pitch.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 11:32 am
Someone's thinking! Good point Ross...

Maybe I can use an Xkeys module for this, and build my OWN jog wheel.....

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 2:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)