Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to connect speakers with Hercules RMX - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey everyone,

I just purchases a hercules rmx and i am a little confused. I was wondering if someone can explain how to connect speakers to the console cuz i canot hear any music playing but i can hear music in the headphone? another question is what cables do i need to hook up the speakers with. thanks alot

Posted Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 11:13 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
what type of speakers are you using, computer ? if that is is the case just an adapter lead from your local aa shop, pair of rca's at one end and a socket at the other to match your plug.

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 4:38 am
forgot to mention you will need to register the software to get updates.

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 8:28 am
ok so when i get the connector with 2 rca's do they go into in 1 and 2?

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 11:23 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jordankicks00 wrote :
ok so when i get the connector with 2 rca's do they go into in 1 and 2?

Yes mate they do.

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 11:28 am
great thank you guys

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 1:26 pm
so now i cant here music into my computer speakers only my headphones....any advice?

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 1:38 pm
after connecting the rmx to your computer open up vdj then go to config > sound setup >

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 6:29 pm
ok i have virtual dj 6..i just bought the dj console rmx. i wanna conec it to virtual dj 6 and not the one that come with wich is virtualdj 5..how can i do this..n e one please i need help

Posted Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 10:22 pm

Posted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 1:09 pm
bump

im having the same issue

I have the newest drivers. I just hooked up my rmx, i have it setup just like the picture, I have the RCA coming from my speakers to the rmx 1-2. I can only get sound out of my headphones. I can get sound out of the speaker if i just barely plug the white rca in but if i plug it all the way in it dies :(

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 2:34 pm

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 3:53 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
hello,

1.- Enter your VirtualDJ DJC LE serial number that came with your console. Enter it in your user profile.

2.- Avoid using any illegal VirtualDJ, you should have problems with it. Use VirtualDJ DJC LE that comes with your console and would work great. Or upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro here.

3.- You don't need any other soundcard to have it working.

Also don't ask "friends" that are not VirtualDJ experts, they could gave you bad advices. You don't need any other sound card to work with RMX and VirtualDJ.

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 4:01 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 4:13 pm
heyy wats up people!!!..... i have a pair of energy e: xl series (stereo speakers), and im having a problem connecting them to the hercules rmx console. can any out there give me advice on connecting these speakers to the console?

Thanx,

-djAndo

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 12:16 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Could you be more specific about the exact model of the speakers and the type of connector you have on there ?

Posted Tue 14 Jun 11 @ 7:07 am
I just ordered the Hercules Dj Control Mp3 E2 and I was wondering if I can hook up the controller to bigger speakers, such as the ones you use in a party. I'm doing several gigs in July, and I wanted to try this out. See.. I know how to connect the controller to the computer using the USB cable but is there a way you can connect them to speakers instead of computer speakers. If there is a way please get back to me.
-Love from Brooklyn NY

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 9:02 pm
@RodrigoNYC

The MP3 e2 is a controller (much like your keyboard) and doesn't include a soundcard, i.e. the component that would allow you to connect speakers to it.

In order for your software (in this case VDJ) to interact with a mixer or speakers, you will need a soundcard.

Your basic computer soundcard might be enough for home, but if you are planning bigger venues, a dedicated card like the NI Audio DJ 2 will be much more efficient and flexible.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 6:33 am
@ DJ Phatso
Is it possible for me to do thiss...
I ordered the controller just yesterday, but I have a spare mixer from Denon which is a DN-X100. Is it possible for me to connect the Hercules MP3 e2 by USB to my computer then use the DN-X100 mixer to get sound. To do that I would plug the black and red wires into the DN-X100 then plug the mp3 wire into the back of my computer. Then I would Take the speaker wires and plug it into that mixer. Will it work? is it possible to use two mixers at once ?

Posted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 9:48 am
As I said previously, you need a soundcard to get the audio signal from your computer to the mixer...

Posted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 12:30 pm
61%