Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to connect speakers with Hercules RMX - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey,
Quick Question..
I'm doing a party on august 5th out here in brooklyn at a 2 floor club called chill...
There are speakers all over the club but I can only use this audio wire thats connected to the speakers in the club, and it can only be hooked up to the back of your computer for sound, there are no outputs i can hookup to my rmx..
I cant bring my speakers because I need the music to be playing upstairs also..
I asked several people and they said if I connect the audio wire to my computer and connect the rmx to my computer i wont hear any sound..
How do I connect my hercules rmx to my computer and the audio wire to my computer and still hear the music im playing through the speakers in the club..
Please Help me..

Posted Sat 30 Jul 11 @ 12:15 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
So you have an Rmx now ?

If this is a proper club, I would doubt that they would let anybody simply connect just about anything directly to the speakers without going trough some mixers first. The risk of damaged material is just too high.

Using a mixer, then you can connect whichever source and have a controls over the levels.

In your case, you seem to be confuse about what you are using. The simplest way to look at it is to follow the flow of the signal.

- Your computer is the source.

- You tell the software (in this case VDJ) to use a specific soundcard from which all sounds will be outputted ( let's choose the Rmx)

Input : None

Output(s): Headphone > Master Chan1/2 / headphone Chan3/4

Soundcard: DJ Console RMX > check the box APPLY EQ ON INPUT

- Given that the Rmx is your chosen soundcard, then you connect the main output (1-2) to a chosen input of the mixer.

Your headphone are to be connected to the headphone output of the Rmx for monitoring

- The output of the mixer is connected to the amplifier or directly to the speakers (if they are self-amplified)

Posted Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 2:17 pm
HELP HELP HELP!!! I just bought a Peavey 118d and was wondering how to connect it to my Hercules RMX?? I currently run the channel 1 & 2 outputs to my amp which is a Crest 1800. And from what I understand is that channel 3 & 4 cant be used but only for headphones?? If anyone could help that would be geatly appreciated! Really need to get this sub hooked up!

Posted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 6:39 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Rock Rock

Take an XLR cable from the link out on either channel of your Crest amp and plug it in to the peavey sub. There is no stereo information recorded at the frequencey that your sub operates so a mono feed from one channel is all you need.

Daz

Posted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 11:55 pm
Ok im a little confused now.. your saying run a xlr from the output side of the amp to the sub? The only hookup there is nuetrik and banna clip which is where I connect my speakers to.

Posted Fri 23 Sep 11 @ 9:16 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
No mate. That is not what I am saying at all. On the back of your amp you should have input and link connectors for each channel. The output from your RMX is connected to the input sockets but there should still be a pair of sockets that would normaly be used to link or daisy chain to another amplifier. Connect one of these to your sub.

You mention that your amp is a Crest 1800. There are several 1800 amps made by Crest, so if you can post the full model number I can tell you exactly which connection to use.

If your amp is not equipped with input link connectors you can use one of these on one channel to provide a feed down to your sub.

Connect the female XLR to the cable coming from one channel of your RMX. Then one male XLR to the amp and the other to the sub.

Daz

Posted Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 12:37 am
DJ Phatso wrote :
So you have an Rmx now ?

If this is a proper club, I would doubt that they would let anybody simply connect just about anything directly to the speakers without going trough some mixers first. The risk of damaged material is just too high.

Using a mixer, then you can connect whichever source and have a controls over the levels.

In your case, you seem to be confuse about what you are using. The simplest way to look at it is to follow the flow of the signal.

- Your computer is the source.

- You tell the software (in this case VDJ) to use a specific soundcard from which all sounds will be outputted ( let's choose the Rmx)

Input : None

Output(s): Headphone > Master Chan1/2 / headphone Chan3/4

Soundcard: DJ Console RMX > check the box APPLY EQ ON INPUT

- Given that the Rmx is your chosen soundcard, then you connect the main output (1-2) to a chosen input of the mixer.

Your headphone are to be connected to the headphone output of the Rmx for monitoring

- The output of the mixer is connected to the amplifier or directly to the speakers (if they are self-amplified)

AMAZING STEP BY STEP! THANKYOU! LIFESAVER!

Posted Sun 18 Dec 11 @ 8:05 pm
Can i connect more then 2 speakers of 200W with a jack input in my hercules rmx console? How much speakers of 200W or more can i connect with my console?

Posted Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 7:31 am
Why do you need more than 2 speakers exactly ?

Are those amplified speakers or are you going through a standalone amplifier?

Posted Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 7:29 am
Need some help.
Just purchased the RMX Console and am attempting to connect and install.
When i try to install the drivers it says its not able to install the software on "this" computer.
I have a Mac and don't see why its doing that.

Also, if someone could help by telling me what all i need to plug up (rca's, outputs, etc.)
#Very confused

Posted Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 2:39 pm
@ isalinas13

This message simply mean that the drivers on the CD are just too old for that version of OS X.

Instead, use the latest drivers (v3.31) available on the Hercules support site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=1

As for speakers, they should be connected to Output 1-2 on the back.

- if you are using standard computer speakers, then you will probably need a mini jack to RCA adapter

Posted Wed 07 Mar 12 @ 7:06 am
My problem, though related, is slightly unique to the ones above. I have two sets of speakers and a sub-woofer, and all of which work perfectly when connected to either the rca outputs or the 6.5mm outputs. However, I would like to know if there is a way to set these up so that they both act as speakers. It would seem when I hook up a second set of speakers or my sub, the devices connected to outputs 3-4 act as monitoring speakers, not performance speakers. On a side note, I'm using the DJC LE Edition that came with the RMX.

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 9:29 am
Outputs 3&4 are the headphone/monitor output on the RMX. If you wish to connect multiple speakers, simply use the through connectors on your amps/speakers if they have these (Most do) or use a splitter cable.

I.e: Rmx (Outputs 1&2) -> Top speakers -> Bass speakers

You should also be able to use the RCA outputs 1&2 and 6.5mm outputs at the same time to drive two sets of speakers, but bear in mind that the output level of the RCA and 6.5mm will be different, so you will need to adjust the volume on your amp (Or speakers if powered) to compensate.

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 12:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)