Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV Video #2 - DJ Righteous

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 11:31 pm
djltHome userMember since 2005
Great video... but....

the DJ just brushed off the fact that when the song is still looping, then you bring the needle back to the start - this effects the song....

Is there a way to keep it smooth?

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 1:53 am
I am the DJ on that movie...haha...and Yeah there is a way to keep it smooth- what I did was turn to table off move the needle and then start the table again. If you want it smooth you just move the needle without turning the table off.

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 3:51 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey this is getting somewhere! Good thing you showed that needle drop while using a loop, 'cause here comes the question: Can timecode detection be temporarily prevented by clicking a button "timecode" on some newer skins (or using a shortcut), so you can actually move the needle back without affecting the sound as you did on the video?

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 8:08 am
Okay- again. The reason the sounds was affected was because I turned the table off, moved the needle, and then turned the table back on. The record STOPPED moving. You can just pick the needle up and put it at the start of the record WITHOUT TURNING THE TABLE OFF and you will hear no break

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 6:34 pm
If you check out Video #3 then you'll see the fix on this issue.

Posted Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 7:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)