Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Trouble with gains - HELP!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can anyone please clarify or give me a tip on this? I'm using a Numark Total Control with Cue, and there seems to be some erratic behaviour with the Gain settings when I load up different tracks to the decks. Sometimes, the new track will have the same setting as the previous track, but then sometimes it will be something completely different, like -3.8 or something. And sometimes, when I track comes in at say, 1.1, when I adjust the Gain knob, the value suddenly changes to something seemingly arbitrary, like -2.2. My files have all been run through MP3 Gain at 95db so theoretically they should have have the same Gain values. Is there sonmething I'm missing here, am I being stupid and ignoring some basic fundamentals when dealing with Gains. Please help if you can...

Peace,
Funkwit

Posted Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 4:05 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
have you scanned your files ?

Posted Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 4:27 am
what do you have your gain config set to in the config window? did you update your firmware on your total control?

Posted Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 6:09 am
if it is the cue le edition that goes with te total control..you cant use the autogain function.You must upgrade to full version.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 6:44 am
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Yes, I've scanned my files.
Yes, my firmware is up to date.

I think it's probably another LE limitation, so I've just upgraded to the full Pro version. Hopefully the autogain function will solve my problem...

Thanks again
Funkwit

Posted Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 7:32 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Have you tried this, in the Option tab

Set the Auto Gain option to "Auto+Remember" if you haven't already.

Posted Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 8:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)