Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Database search

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
j'ai rêvé a ca cette nuit !!!

lorsque l'on clique sur la database et que l'on tape une recherche , le titre est cherché dans toute la database

lorsque l'on clique sur un dossier et que l'on tape une recherche , le titre est cherché dans le dossier en question

mon idée consiste a reunir les deux , j'explique

on est toujours dans les dossier qu'on utilise , mais quand on fait une recherche (saisie au clavier) elle afiche en blanc les titres trouvés dans le dossier en consultation et en dessou en grisé les autres titres trouvés provenant du reste de la database

comme ca on arreterais de se promené entre les dossier qu'on utilise et la database pour sortir une demande special

cette option pourait etre On/Off dans les option

P.S. c'est une copie d'un topic sur le Forum Francais , si qq1 veut en faire une traduction juste! , allé y, je l'ai copier pour que le staff le voie bien lors des prochaine modification de VDJ

Posted Sat 19 Feb 05 @ 4:30 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Mud-V is suggesting a new option in order to:

At present:
-----------
- When we write a keyword in the database search bar all tracks with this word in the db is displayed
- When we do a search in a folder/subfolder all corresponding tracks from this folder/subfolder is displayed

With this new option:
--------------------
- When we'll do a search in a folder/subfolder all corresponding tracks from this foldder/subfolder is displayed normaly and all others corresponding tracks from the database will be displayed but highlighted or in another color.

English is not my first language so it's possible I'm wrong somewhere.

Clax

Posted Sat 19 Feb 05 @ 4:53 pm
I think it would be nice to search by BPM across all folders.

Killabee44

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 3:51 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
workaround for me is to put the bpm at the end of the title of a track like this

artist - title [bpm].mp3 I search by bpm all day long :)

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 2:22 pm
Cyder,

Good idea! I wish someone would create an app that would put the bpm data sored in the VirtualDJ Database.xml into the filename. I just have thousands of tracks that need to be done and this would take forever if done manually. Ill make a post in the plugins section about this.

Killabee44

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 6:31 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The dev team has only to add a new field for bpm in the parser.dll

Or why not dividing the current large case of search into 4 little cases, each one for one field (authot, title, bpm,time). There is enough space for that and the system of search is the same even easier than the current one which uses 2 fields to search. You only need to return items in common in the 4 lists (Maybe this part is more difficult :-( )

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 10:32 pm
The artist and the title should be the same case I think.

Posted Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 6:28 am
Killabee - im sure theres a tag editor somewhere that would do it.. but the BPMs from VDj aren't stored in the ID tag :humph:

Posted Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 1:00 pm
DJDawson,

Yup, that is the problem. If someone would write a plugin that could take the bpm in the .xml file and put it in the filename that would be great. I cant think of any other way of doing it,oh, then there is always the manual way : - (.

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 8:29 am
I don't think it's a good idea to write the bpm in the filename.
The filename should not be too long and contain too much things.

... but yes in the future the bpm and all other infos from the database should be written in the ID3tag.

That's my opinion.

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 1:55 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
just sort by bpm, and scroll to the desired bpm range.

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 6:06 pm
Rick,

Yes, I already do that, but I was thinking more of searching across different folders by BPM. That way you can get different genres in the search.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 7:30 am
You can also use the recurse "function".

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 7:32 am
I thought with this Mud-V idea in the last days and I think it's a great idea!!
I vote for it!!!

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 2:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)