Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: This is getting crazy (about Youtube)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

One of my youtube videos got the Audio blocked - FOr the Whole 10 mins

Because of Unauthorized Copywrite use.

Getting silly as youtube becomes more and more corporate.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 1:00 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
just had a couple more vids of mine blocked, but this is down to sony and youtube having a spat, and sony have pulled the plug on all of their stuff.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 1:27 am
Just plain silly if you ask me.

I might pull all my videos off youtube.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 1:37 am
actually it's youtube that is causing the problem, sony only get a percentage of a penny every time one of their vids are played and wanted a little bit more not even bringing it up to a penny, youtube told them to get stuffed and wouldn't negotiate, thats why sony has spat the dummy.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 1:45 am
A lot of DJ mixtapes online are getting x-ed because of songs from sony. tracklists cant even be displayed on the sidelist

ridiculous

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 9:21 am
its actually not all that ridiculous. It is the same as putting a song available to down load for free. DJ's dont own distributing rights of the songs they play

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 9:34 am
but its not like your selling the songs or if its a video of you doing some mixing and such
is it really that bad?

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 10:39 am
basically we have destroyed their copyright so i suppose they have every right to get the hump... even if our mixes are better, lol

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 11:15 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 1:06 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Sorry guys, but it's just the Record companies protecting there interests and copyrights.

I know it's a bummer for the video remixes out there, but thats how it is and they do have the law on there side!!!!!!

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 1:15 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Its happening also to guys who are just trying to show off there skills on the decks - not just the video remixers. If you have a copy written song(which most songs already are), in your video, your vid can be pulled from youtube..

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 1:27 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I don't understand the point or benefit, youtube gets people talking about products/artists/songs etc and it's a very powerful marketing tool.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 4:48 pm
There have been artists/ youtubers who have actually had resaonable success driven from youtube.

Whatcha gonna do?

Big brother owns the sandbox, and he is kicking sand.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 5:32 pm
i knew lupe fiasco before he hit it big. He had a myspace page and was to perform at a local festival.... but his record company made him take it down even though it was promoting himself......

the only thing to do is post the youtubes and not have track listing...when it gets taken down up it again later.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 6:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)