Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: whitelabel.net.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Looking through scratchlive, seratos forum i found out that ssl-user have their own recordpool where they get exclusive and new promos for free. audio and video i believe. Serato is working together with a whole lot of record companies like atlantic, ninja tunes and more. And everything for free.

They do get that support because serato is the leading product when it comes to dvs (so they believe ;) ) and the labels get free advertisement for their music cause it gets played in clubs and radio-stations

Has Atomix ever tried to allie with record companies? Would Atomix even consider it?

Atomix is so big, even ssl user get onboard. VDJ is leading when it comes to video-djing.

BTW, if you load music from their site the file will be 32kps (1 song like only 2mbit) , but ssl will play it as/ like 320kps. how is that possible?? everyone here knows that 192 is the least if it comes to sound quality. Is VDJ able to do the same??? (or can it be done in the future?)

Seeing how many people here use VDJ for a living, use it in clubs or as a mobile dj i am wondering what kind of dj´s are on this board?
Yeah i mean you! are you a club-dj, bedroomer, mobile dj?? do u use vdj as a professional or just as a "game"?? let us know. I am sure if enough djs respond Atomix could step up to the major-labels to do sth like whitelabel just for VDJ. If(!) Atomix wants to.

you know, if i could afford a new dvs like ssl or vdj it would be a huge sales-argument that i would get all the new promos for free, and i wont have to buy all the records cause i allready spend a huge ammount for the dvs. Now think about it... if VDJ would offer sth similar how many peeps would jump on the vdj-train cause its easier to afford? We all know what makes VDJ "better" than ssl. but free records is sth else... like whoa :-o

Tell me your thoughts about it, post what dj you are. maybe we can get a cool thread that shows the variety of vdj-users and atomix can see that yáll worthy of getting a free recordpool.

Just my 2 cent ;) peace

Posted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 2:43 pm
serato has that cause they pay for it. They are paying to be precieved as the industry standard :)

Posted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 3:40 pm
:D what a great business idea.

But does anyone actually know how it is possible that ssl plays a 32kbps as 320kbps ?? or how they made it that any other aplication plays ssl´s 320kbps as 32kbps?? i dont understand that part :/

Posted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 4:57 pm
from what i understand is you can download a 'proctected' higher res version that runs only in scratch live. the other is preview

Posted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 6:33 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
similar to drm protection? as in venue...

Posted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 6:39 pm
greatmesk wrote :
:D what a great business idea.

But does anyone actually know how it is possible that ssl plays a 32kbps as 320kbps ?? or how they made it that any other aplication plays ssl´s 320kbps as 32kbps?? i dont understand that part :/

What is the filesize of a downloaded track? Theoretically this is possible but it doesn't seem worth the effort. The mp3 could be encoded as 32kbps and have the encrypted 320kbps version stored as binary metadata which Serato would know how to decrypt but I've never heard of anyone using such a scheme.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 7:14 pm
Andrew87 wrote :
The mp3 could be encoded as 32kbps and have the encrypted 320kbps version stored as binary metadata which Serato would know how to decrypt but I've never heard of anyone using such a scheme.

that is how it works.

i use the whitlabel.net tracks since they started this service. it is really nice. you get all the releases for free, you can play them in ssl in full quality and you can play them on any mp3 player with low quality. (alternative you can record them while playing in ssl with high quality, but thats a lot of work to do).

sirkitbreaker wrote :
serato has that cause they pay for it. They are paying to be precieved as the industry standard :)

no they don´t. the labels/artists get free promotion for their tracks, the professional djs get free tracks for the audience, thats the ticket. and ssl is the leading and best dvs on the dj market.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 5:36 am
metroplex2005 wrote :
[
no they don´t. the labels/artists get free promotion for their tracks, the professional djs get free tracks for the audience, thats the ticket. and ssl is the leading and best dvs on the dj market.

the lasp part is a joke. but serato does payfor that service and such a tight contract they cannot even use it on itch

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 9:05 am
One thing i wonder about is if they (ssl) pay for that contract and the ssl-users get their free music. for how long can this work? Lets do some math. lets say 10 djs. the first one gets ssl, then the 2nd and so on. someday there will be no new users, or only a few, but ssl has to keep on paying for their users free music. they will get broke( have no more money). thats such a strange business idea

But if they (the company) dont have to pay (regardless of if this contract is exclusive for ssl) could´nt Atomix do something similar? In the end it is only a recordpool that the labels could use to make sure they advertise their product through our dj-hands and you pro-users could get music thats right for you... urban for the urban-dj, top40 for the club-dj and so forth.

That brings me back to my point of what kind of djs use VDJ the most. Is it the club-dj, bedroomer, mobile? and where is it used the most? europe or USA, maybe its more used in France than in Canada. Who knows. Guess we will only find out if those who use vdj tell us what their like. I think it is interesting to find that one out, kind of market-analysis.just my 2 cents, peace

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 10:43 am
that the way it is with technology. eventually you have no new users. but eventually things break or they branch out....serato already established new users with the adding of vci-300 and ns7. sure rane with have a new mixer.....serato will add effects thus the need for vci-600 and ns10 ect. no one will just run out of users unless the product sucks.... johnny is 13 now on his 17th birthday he get ssl or vdj ect four years new user in the making.......

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 12:00 pm
right. good point :)

But whitelabel is just limited to ssl. Itch users cant enjoy the high quality mp3s, from my understanding. What do you think, for how long will people get tt´s, a laptop and ssl and spend like 2k this way or how many people will get on a more digital way and only spend 1k, remember today we got djs that never beatmatched by ear cause they allways used a pc to do so. ;) i think that someday sssl pays for their old users and not getting any new ones because they allready got sth more digital, like vci300 or ns7 or even stantons deck.

I wont even imagine a vci-600 or a ns10 :D im glad if the ns7 is industry-standard for the next 5 to 10 years. Of course this will only happen if they support vdj or any other software, and dont limit it to itch only.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 1:42 pm
i just found out that atomix is doing quite a similar thing allready. If you buy djbox, a product from atomix (as far as i know) you will get free music for this system on a monthly basis. Why not offer sth like that for VDJ-users?

http://www.dj-box.com/

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 2:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
greatmesk wrote :
i just found out that atomix is doing quite a similar thing allready. If you buy djbox, a product from atomix (as far as i know) you will get free music for this system on a monthly basis. Why not offer sth like that for VDJ-users?

http://www.dj-box.com/

Its not free its subscription its an annual fee.

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 5:28 pm
greatmesk wrote :
right. good point :)

But whitelabel is just limited to ssl. Itch users cant enjoy the high quality mp3s, from my understanding. What do you think, for how long will people get tt´s, a laptop and ssl and spend like 2k this way or how many people will get on a more digital way and only spend 1k, remember today we got djs that never beatmatched by ear cause they allways used a pc to do so. ;) i think that someday sssl pays for their old users and not getting any new ones because they allready got sth more digital, like vci300 or ns7 or even stantons deck.

I wont even imagine a vci-600 or a ns10 :D im glad if the ns7 is industry-standard for the next 5 to 10 years. Of course this will only happen if they support vdj or any other software, and dont limit it to itch only.

you are forgetting one thing SERATO scratch live, SERATO itch same company so honestly they could care less which flavor you buy. :) plus industry standard doent mean better. I think if you spend to much time hoping it is what everyone else is using you are wasting breath. The key is to use what you use well. Exploit it to the fullest. be the best at what you do. I have friends I grew up with same intrest and all that say I cheat cause i use VDJ and controllers. I laugh as i wave to them from the dj both at the club they pay to get in

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 7:59 pm
just another good point made.

btw its the usage of new technology that made music evolve. just imagine if we would have never started to use DATs, CDJs and so forth. as long as we keep on getting the best out of what we have, im fine. regardless of what dvs or music-media. damn it, im glad we dont have to sync two live bands with handsigns :D

Posted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 9:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)