Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: @Apopsis "TimeCODE POWER" skin - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For those 1280x800 user's, I submitted the modified version of @Apopsis TimeCODE POWER skin. Hopefully the VDJ staff will review it and post-it for general consumption soon.

cstoll

Posted Sat 19 Feb 05 @ 11:18 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 2:20 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I answered to both via e-mail.
In the meantime i updated the skin 2 times, (some "smoother" colours and some bugs corrected)

..but the version or download is still my first update not the latest one (1.2)

Posted Sun 20 Feb 05 @ 4:19 am
I just love this skin, its only missing one thing for me, a CBG adjustment and it would be perfect.

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 5:15 pm
- TESTED - with v2.1 for 2 days and it's ok, so no need to update.

@Cyderhouse i use keyboard shortcuts (F9-F10, F11-F12) for CGB, its easy...
and i can see the changes immediately in the display...

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 8:58 am
I was wrong...
Very short loops was not correctly displayed with Virtual dj 2.1
A new update 1.3 for this skin, just sent:

**update 3* version 1.3 (13-05-05)
for Virtual Dj 2.1
--------------------------
New: "default loop" displayed,
Timecode bypass indicator.
(A small star below the TC mark, when in Timecode bypass, to listen real vinyl/cd's)

Will be ready for download soon.

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 5:59 am

Posted Sun 15 May 05 @ 7:09 pm
Apopsis or Cstoll

I've modified the grapic part of your very cool skin I need a little help with the xml part tho :( I can't seem to get the video window to work right. I can send the files over email.

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 5:37 am
I've seen it in the video for the vob files...
is it the original 1024x768 or ctstoll's version ?
I have plans to update the skin with a video pannel when i found the time (no time now..)
Did you tried to copy the video parts from the default's skin xml ?
My skin has no pannels, but default skin use panel 44 for the video window if that helps.
I think we have to ad panels to make work. One for audio (mixer), the way it is now and one for the video. (I assume you put the video window in the place of the mixer.)

PS. i'm not an expert on skins, thats why i need time for try and error -:)

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 4:20 pm
That one works fine but when I tried to move the files over from the default skin i get errors. I'll zip it up and send it to ya to see what you think.

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 6:11 pm
@Cyderhouse -- Just finished it myself, will send you a copy if you email me.

@Apopsis - do you want a copy too??

@ALL 1280x800 Skin Users --

Just reposted a new version to support VDJ v3.0, hopefully the DevTeam will get it posted shortly. If you want it sooner, then go to my BLOG and send me an email.

Reason for a seperate post is that if you don't want the video panel support then I wanted to
leave a clean skin for those not planning on using video.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to the New or the Old skins.

cstoll

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 7:39 pm
It's already available for download..., i'll give it a try, even if i use 1024x768 resolution.
My idea is to put the video where the small mixer is now, but as an option with a panel.
This way i want to keep the (original) skin as simple is possible.
Maybe next week or the other (busy at the moment to finish some remixes)
Anyway there will be a version of this skin for everyone...
Thanks Cyderhouse, and cstoll.

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 2:56 am
@apopsis --

I thought the same, but that meant opening that space in height. Being a 1280 skin that would have made for some major adjustments. So, I figured since it is 1280 wide, I could give up about 190-200 pixels and put alot of stuff on a leftside panel. I have already found that the skin is really nice and functional, especially with either the Folders or Playlist panel unlocked so it colapses.

Anyway, look forward to your comments and see how you are going to adjust the 1024 version.

v/r
cstoll

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 5:25 am
I sent george a copy of my idea on the adjustment theres even room for a mixer and left the gain's there. I'm not good at the code part but I think I had a great revision idea. I hope that he'd leave it at 1024 I don't plan on getting a 17 inch monitor anytime soon.

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 8:50 am
@Cyderhouse - could you email me your idea, maybe I will build a second version to incorporate your ideas. Check my blog for my email.

Thanks, cstoll

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 2:51 pm
apopsis, you rock!

I've been fighting many fires so I haven't had time to spend making a 1280x800 skin but I think you've got everything right where it should be... with one exception!

I always leave my start bar "down" so there is a bar at the bottom of the screen... but I can get over this since I'm usually running a bunch of other software for lighting and need to get to it easily...

Thanks!

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 7:04 am
apopsis: actually you have done quite a bang up job on this skin. I have a Hercules and so what I need is at my fingers and the screen is uncluttered... not to forget the fact the red tint keeps my eyes from doing the yo-yo thing in the dark club... (yes I'm spinning while wriing this... field tested 100% cool!)

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 7:15 am
I would like to thank Verizon Wireless for their 2mbps wireless broadband connection making this in-field report possible... ;-) [since they're paying for it...]

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 7:18 am
I'm glad you like the skin, if you're talking about the 1200x800 version, Cstoll made it, and Cyderhouse. We are some people in the forum who like the simplicity of this skin.
An updated 1024x768 will be ready soon. The current version is compatible with v3.x

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 11:45 am
@adeeperbluegreen -

Thanks for the props on the modification of Apopsis' skin. As for the extra space below the skin -- that was the intent, since I do the same. I have applications that I need to jump to as well, so instead of having to Alt-Tab, I left the skin 'short', so I can have the other apps 'peaking' through.

Are you using the Audio only one, or the new one I posted with the Video (v3.x) support?

cstoll

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 3:42 pm
80%