Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: a few quick questios for all DJs, part of a masters research project.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, im doing research into the cost of new DJ technology and the effect it has on users. Feel free to answer as briefly or as in depth as you like. All replies will be really appreciated.

1, as a DJ, how important do you think it is, to own professional standard DJ equipment?

2, do you own CDJ's? If yes which CDJ's and how many do you have. (If you own 2 profesional quality CDJ's skip question 3.)

3, Before becoming a software DJ did you find the cost of professional CDJ's a disadvantage to you as a DJ. please give a reason for your answer.

4. What made you decide to become a software DJ,

Anyone who is interested in the findings of the research can e-mail me personally at **********@*****.com and i will send you a copy in about 2 weeks.

Thankyou very much for your time.

Sorry No Email Allowed From No License Users, Brian

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 9:27 am
just realized the questions don't come up when you write a reply, i suggest copying and pasting the questions as you write a reply. cheers sean

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 9:34 am

1, as a DJ, how important do you think it is, to own professional standard DJ equipment?
im not professional so i would say its very important to have equipment becuase you are up to date with your equipment

2, do you own CDJ's? If yes which CDJ's and how many do you have. (If you own 2 profesional quality CDJ's skip question 3.)
no
3, Before becoming a software DJ did you find the cost of professional CDJ's a disadvantage to you as a DJ. please give a reason for your answer.
yes,many cd cases to carry.
4. What made you decide to become a software DJ,
Revolution,i feel i have to go with technology and not fall to far behind

Anyone who is interested in the findings of the research can e-mail me personally at **********@****.com and i will send you a copy in about 2 weeks.

Sonido, please dont copy posts with email addresses from No License Users, Brian

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 10:50 am
1. Having the best equipment is of utmost importance. How can you portray yourself to be better than the competition with second rate gear? If you want to be the best, buy the best.

2. I have dual Pioneer CMX 3000's. In conjunction with question 1, the best cd player money can buy.

3. Of course I did. When I bought my CMX's I paid $1,000.00 US for them. I could have bought a car for that much. At the same time, your question is a little misleading. Financially, yes, I considered it a disadvantage. But when I see other DJ's with their Denons, I feel like I have an ADVANTAGE over them as I am working with superior equipment.

4. I became a software DJ when I decided to become a VJ. I was playing music videos off of two portable dvd players. This sucked for a couple of reasons. First, now I ws beginning to build quite a collection of dvd's. Between the dvd's and the cd's I was carrying I had to hire a roadie to help carry it all. VDJ has solved that problem and it solved the other problem I had too. With two portable dvd players, its virtually impossible to beatmix two music videos. Anyone in this forum can attest to how much easier that is now that we have VDJ!

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 12:29 pm
1. music cost since 1989 has been around 21 000$
2. if your gear is cheap it better match your price.
3.when it comes to cd's. I think its over rated , the new system allows me to make play lists and have time to sync the lights to the songs and shows.
4. I work usually with a backup so when its time he can learn the basics. I havent seen a newyears since the 80's that I wasnt working.
5.now with stuff like zipdj and other leagle distributers , i can down load in canada and burn one ( one only) copy for back up. always have a back up.
6. no matter what stuff breaks or crash's I have run a show with a costco generatior. The other bar cleared and I was still going.
7.If you are good enough the moeny you make will cover it in no time.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 6:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)